Join the team as our next Staff, Software Engineer (L2)
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a software developer interested in DevOps and SRE practices and tools to support a continuous delivery of value to Twilio customers through automation, testing and instrumentation aimed at ensuring Twilio products achieve the health and performance our customers deserve.
The Delivery and Operational Tooling Team is critical to ensuring resilience and reliability aren’t just buzz words when it comes to Twilio’s mission critical communication platforms. Our team is at the forefront of delivering customer trust in partnership with the Product Engineering teams. If you like hard scaling problems, architecting for resilience and building continuous delivery infrastructures then you'll feel right at home.
- Demonstrate your software engineering skills to instrument, automate, and operate Twilio’s globally distributed, highly available products and services
- Use Chaos Engineering approaches to identify opportunities to absorb or route around, in real-time, network health and performance degradation
- Partner with Twilio’s product engineering teams to identify and build improvements in our continuous delivery infrastructure.
- Build mission critical tooling to triage and mitigate incidents quickly for our customers
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
Twilio is looking for a software engineer who loves coding and with a strong interest to work with large amounts of data. Focusing on building performant, reliable and resilient systems.
- Proven ability in previous positions with software development lifecycle and complex distributed systems projects.
- Breadth of development and operational experience in building tools and frameworks, with an understanding of continuous deployment processes. Experience with DevOps tooling (CI/CD pipelines) is a plus.
- Fluent development in Java. Experience developing in Python bonus.
- Experience with microservice architectures and running on public cloud infrastructure
- Strong dislike of toil, seeks joy through automation of all the things
- Strong communicator fluent in written and verbal English
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field involving software/systems engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
This role will be based in Madrid, Spain and open to remote as well.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.