CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 100 billion events a day, CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service — all delivered via a single lightweight agent. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
- October 2018: 100 Best Medium Workplaces Second Year in a Row by Fortune magazine.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
About the Role
The CrowdStrike Information Technology team is looking for a Sr. Network Engineer to join our team. The Network Engineer Team is a key component of the CrowdStrike IT team. Our team is critical to the smooth and effective daily operations of all CrowdStrike team members. This position will participate in a team approach to updating and growing our network through proven design, optimization, and implementation skill sets. The successful candidate will provide mentorship to junior personnel in the Network Engineering. As well as formally present solutions to the team as part of our collaboration effort.
This is an opportunity to work in a dynamic, robust, fast-paced and challenging environment. Candidates should be interested in expanding their breadth of knowledge, constantly learning new technologies and processes, solving difficult problems, coming up with creative solutions and thinking well on their feet.
This role is open to candidates in Irvine, CA, Sunnyvale, CA, and Kirkland, WA
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for designing, implementing or verifying the detailed technical network support for projects, problem and incident management
- Provide network designs within the confines of established architectural standards
- Analyze current network infrastructure, monitor environment and data flow and identify choke points, opportunities for optimization and make recommendations based on current and projected company footprint
- Collaborate with management and senior engineering staff in the development, design architecture and implementation of network expansion and optimization
- Create and maintain design documentation for proposed designs and existing networks
- Perform network maintenance, support and troubleshooting
- Participate in a ticket system to complete user requests for network resources
- Provide subject matter expertise to functional project teams and participate in cross-functional initiatives
- Develop new documentation and update existing processes for ticket resolution with a focus on eliminating all forms of tribal knowledge.
- Demonstrate innovative approaches to solving unique challenges, while maintaining the security and integrity of the network
- Mentor junior personnel
- Take direction from leads and adhere to established standards that you will help to create
- Capable of troubleshooting complex issues with voice and video technologies
- Provide tier-3 support for network escalation
- Participate in on call rotation and perform impactful maintenance outside of normal business hours
What You'll Need
- 10+ years’ experience in Enterprise Network engineering design and implementation, firewall configuration, server load balancing
- 10+ years’ experience with OSPF, EIGRP, BGP routing protocols, Voice Over IP and QoS configuration on routers and switches, IPv4 and IPv6
- 5+ years experience with cloud, hybrid cloud, and datacenter engineering
- 3+ years of experience configuring and managing PaloAlto firewall experience.
- Experience with SD-WAN technologies, high availability switching, VMWare networking, micro segmentation
- Experience managing and deploying Global Server Load Balancing (GSLB) and load balancing solutions such as F5 LTM / GTM, Linux Virtual Services, and Kemp.
- Must have a demonstrated experience building repeatable deployment templates, creating strong documentation, and presenting new designs and updates to team members.
- Enterprise Network Design and support experience
- Experience supporting Juniper, Palo Alto Firewalls, Cisco routers, switches, routers and switches
- In-depth knowledge of LAN/CAN/MAN/WAN Protocols including but not limited to BGP, MPLS, VOIP, Multicast Routing, GSLB, Datacenter interconnects
- In-depth knowledge of IP Routing, Quality of Service technologies with demonstrated implementation in a large enterprise organization
- Intermediate to Advanced understanding of IPS/IDS
- Demonstrated deployment and administration of Network Response, Configuration Management, Environmental, and Application Response monitoring tools
- Strong interest in continued education and certification
- Must speak fluent English, possess a valid United States driver’s license and own a working vehicle.
- Must be capable of lifting 50lbs.
- Must be willing to travel occasionally to support network deployments in remote locations
- Must be willing to participate in on call rotation
- Experience working in cloud native environments and with AWS is ideal but not required
- Must have demonstrated, in depth, documentation skills listed on your resume.
- Must have end-to-end project completion demonstrated on your resume.
- 3 – 5 years Enterprise wireless networking
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language such as Perl or Python
- Automation experience through scripting
- Deployment of IPAM (IP Address Management) solutions
- Demonstrated presentation skills, or have a willingness to learn them
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation + stock options
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan (US only)
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industry’s best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual
orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal, state, or local law.