We’re reinventing early childhood education through an online language learning platform for kids. We adopt the Netflix model to help children learn the English language via a content platform and online live classes with millions of users. We believe in breaking down language barriers and helping provide equal opportunities to all kids around the world.
We are seeking a Senior Unity Developer to lead and be part of the team that helps Lingokids build our educational games. Your primary responsibilities will be to be the senior developer implementing game functionality, translating design ideas, concepts, and requirements into functional and engaging games.
A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and a quality product are essential.
- Implement game functionality as per communicated design.
- Translate design specification into functional game.
- Communicate with other team members to establish effective pipeline.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to address and mitigate these problems.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Mentoring team members, giving feedback, setting expectations and delegating.
- Provide technical leadership in areas of specialization and assist other engineers with technical questions.
- Relentless in finding simple, elegant solutions to complex problems.
- 4+ years of professional experience developing video games with Unity.
- Excellent knowledge of Unity including experience with scripting, textures, animation, GUI styles, etc.
- Experience with mobile games development (Android & iOS).
- Experience optimizing memory and space usage.
- Ability to constantly learn and stay in touch with evolving game standards and development technologies.
- Familiar with current design and architectural patterns.
- Knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code.
- Experience using source control systems such as Github.
Perks & Benefits:
We are proud of our culture and work hard to make sure every team member loves what they do. Check some of the perks and benefits of working in the EU and being a Lingoer.
- Stock-options: Joining the Lingokids journey means you own part of the company.
- Retreats & Happy Hours: Our team celebrates monthly get-togethers and an annual retreat.
- Free books: We buy you any books that can help you be even better at your work.
- Family Leave: Enjoy up to 4 months of paid family leave, regardless of when you joined.
- Unlimited Snacks & Drinks: Our kitchen is always full, from beer to daily fresh fruits.
- Visa Sponsorship: If needed, we will fully-sponsor a EU visa to come work with us.
- Language Lessons: We offer language lessons in Spanish and English.
- Technology: Get hooked up with a Macbook (or PC) to do your best work.
- Fridays Lunch & Learn: Weekly all-hands gathering to lunch and learn from each other.
- Paid time-off: 23 paid days off for everything life throws your way.
- International Office: Multicultural team with 10+ nationalities and day-to-day work in English.
- Sunny Spain: Over 300 days of sunshine per year with blue-skies.