We are looking for a curious and super-talented Build & Configuration Engineer to discover new and exciting means to continue our roaring success.
Your role within our Kingdom
As a Build and Configuration Engineer, you will be responsible for building and maintaining the systems and tools necessary to have robust and efficient continuous builds for our teams, who build both games and systems for internal use. We are continously improving our ways of working, and you will take part in setting standards, guide and support developers on how to use our common development infrastructure.
The development teams each own and write their own builds, but need your expertise and help to make sure the tools and systems are used consistently, optimally and keep up as technology evolves. As an expert in build systems, automation, source control, versioning, continuous integration and rapid deployment, you will be their partner in choosing and using the right tool for the right job, working very closely with the development teams and operations, while keeping in mind the big picture of how we do things in other locations across King.
The overall technology stack is common across studios. We envision that all source code ever produced by any team within the Kingdom should be available to anyone with just a simple command. The teams work in an agile development methodology and we value our fast-paced environment and flexible approach. The teams are allocated to different Business Units but belong to a common functional division development. We build our games in different technologies depending on the target platform.
Skills to create thrills
- Experience working closely with development teams to design and implement shared build systems - we believe in a "DevOps" approach and work in a fast-paced, agile environment using Kanban or Scrum techniques
- Experience using Jenkins, Artifactory, Gradle, Maven, and Ant that compiles code in Java, C++ and HTML 5 for building build game backends and Android and iOS apps
- Setting up and running Continuous integration/Delivery systems using Jenkins implementing information radiators, notifications on broken builds and automated tests
- Planning repository organisation and branch scheme using multiple source control systems like git, Mercurial, SVN and Perforce
- Setting up monitoring and alerting systems to ensure that any issues in the Continuous Integration environments are identified and resolved as quickly as possible.
- Proficient using configuration management tools like Puppet or Ansible to manage and deploy on Linux, Windows and Mac OS systems
- Experience building build pipelines, Configuration as Code with DSL, Docker and Elastic computing is a plus
- A desire to experiment, learn and innovate to continuously improve the way of working in the engineering systems team
- A team player who can coach and support teams when setting up and using CI, release management and build systems
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that’s it.
We’re Seriously Playful
Officially, we’re a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we’re a serious business that’s not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let’s talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You’ll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.
London, United Kingdom
We have developed more than 200 fun titles, and offer games in over 200 countries and regions. Our franchises include Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch. We have 340 million average monthly unique users, as of second quarter 2015, across web, social and mobile platforms.
At King, we design games with a broad appeal, which allow people to play for a moment, then move on with their day and pick up their game later. Our games are also synchronized across platforms, allowing players to switch seamlessly between devices and platforms and continue their game wherever they left off, so they can play anywhere, any time and on any device. For us, this is encapsulated in the idea of bitesized entertainment.
King has game studios in Stockholm, Bucharest, Malmö, London, Barcelona, Berlin, Singapore, and Seattle, along with offices in San Francisco, Malta, Seoul, Tokyo and Shanghai.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!