Wayfair.com is a leader in the e-commerce space for all things home and its Data Technologies team is looking for a smart, passionate, and innovative leader who is excited to help us scale and support our robust cross-datacenter MSSQL database infrastructure. You will be a player-coach that has impressive technical depth and breadth that will partner with Wayfair stakeholders to help design and build technology solutions that will propel the platform and the business forward. This is a high-impact, high-visibility role that will directly influence our technology stack.
About the role
- Responsible for the team’s day to day operations, goals and priorities
- Maintain team talent including recruiting, orienting, and mentoring employees; developing personal growth opportunities
- Manage the overall execution, performance, and availability of our production and development SQL Server environments
- Collaborate with peers & stakeholders to help architect database solutions to meet performance, growth and availability requirements
- Continuously identify areas for improvement around deployment, capacity planning, monitoring, self-healing and automation
- Several years of management experience with at extensive hands on experience as a SQL Server DBA previously
- Proven leadership skills: mentoring, coaching, and collaborating both within your team and other engineering groups
- Experience operating and communicating effectively with other teams in a global capacity
- Continually evaluating emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends, and best practices
- Passion for improving complex geo-distributed systems, people, and processes around you
Other traits we look for
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- An easy-going attitude and strong sense of humor
- A positive, people-oriented and energetic attitude
- An analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- An interest in working hard and being challenged in a fast-paced environment, and having fun while doing it
And finally, our proposition to you!
- A competitive salary, bonus and an attractive stock package
- We are listed on the NYSE since 2014
- A fast paced and agile working environment
- A real opportunity to make an impact, to test and build things in an entrepreneurial organization.
- A company culture where we care about your work-life balance and offer you unlimited paid vacation time. Progression at Wayfair is based on results not on hours spent in the office.
- Regular collaboration with senior leadership globally.
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points with a superior customer service and inspiring interior topics. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Always committed to using technology to create a superior shopping experience, Wayfair developed Wayfair Next which concentrates on 3D visualization technology.
Wayfair generated $3.14 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people.