We are looking for a SQL Developer to join our Data Reports Team based in Madrid. You will be participating mainly in the development and delivery of complex data reporting. You must be very proactive with strong T-SQL and Microsoft development tools expertise. Preferably, you have the desire and ability to learn about BI solutions.
Essential Job Functions
- Design and develop reports from the core business activity, focusing on operational metrics and KPIs;
- Develop machine learning, data mining, statistical techniques, and algorithms to create new, scalable solutions for business problems by analysing large data sets;
- Explore data to find patterns, provide forecasts, and build predictive models for improving business processes;
- Analyse complex data to determine correlation and data integrity issues;
- Participate in the design and development of data solutions and ETL processes to bring disparate data into an Enterprise Data Warehouse;
- Work with business users, software and data engineers, and database and system administrators to ensure enterprise BI solutions are reliable, scalable, flexible, and low maintenance.
Desire to learn how to:
- Design, develop, and maintain dashboards in BI tools;
- Identify, analyse, and translate data trends or patterns into a highly-visual and easily-digestible format using reporting tools such as Tableau, SSRS, Power BI, or others BI tools;
- Continually evaluate new technologies and keep up-to-date with current technology enhancements to meet current and future business intelligence, reporting, and application development needs.
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- University degree in the field of Computer Science, or any equivalent.
- Strong technical expertise in T-SQL, OLAP, DMX, MDX, and DAX;
- Experience with statistical analysis and machine learning tools and libraries such as R, Python or others is a strong plus;
- Experience in delivering complex reporting and analysis from multiple data sources;
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel related to data analysis and manipulation;
- Experience with Microsoft development tools, such as Visual Studio;
Nice to Have
- Experience with programming in C# and/or Visual Basic .NET;
- Work experience with SQL Server Services (SSAS, SSIS, SSRS) is a strong plus;
- Work experience with Microsoft Azure is a strong plus;
- Experience with MongoDB, Hadoop, Spark with proficiency in MapReduce, PIG, and Hive schemas is a plus;
- Familiarity with VSTO/VSTA, VBA, XML, XPath, JSON, and Web API;
- Good understanding of data science and engineering disciplines and concepts.
General Skills and abilities
- Good command of the English language;
- Good interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication;
- Well-developed time-management skills;
- Ability to solve problems using a balance of technical competence, creativity, and pragmatism;
- Highly detail-oriented and a keen eye for accuracy;
- Highly-motivated, self-directed and able to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously;
- Experience working with Agile methodologies in small development teams as well as ability to multitask while working independently or on a team with shifting priorities and deadlines.
- 25 days' vacation per year and Christmas office closure;
- Participation into the company's annual bonus scheme;
- Professional development opportunities;
- Plenty of social & fun benefits:
- Christmas party, summer barbecue, monthly happy hour;
- Fruits & snacks in the kitchen as well as much tea & coffee as you like;
- In-house well being activities including free weekly yoga;
- A huge variety of self-organized activities from ski trips and football to French club.
How to apply:
Please submit your application in English.
Applicants must be Swiss or EU citizen, or have a valid Swiss work permit.