Are you an analytics and data
warehousing specialist? Do you have experience of data ingestion,
storage, processing and visualization? Do you like to solve the most
complex and large-scale data challenges in the world today? Do you want
to have an impact in the development and use of new data analytics
technologies? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to
help customers and partners use cloud computing to build new solutions,
faster, and at lower cost? Do you like to gain the deepest customer and
partner insights using cloud computing technologies? Come join us!
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for highly talented hands-on technical experts to collaborate with our customers and partners on key engagements in the data and analytics space. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies. These engagements will focus on AWS Services for analytics in regard to data lake solutions on the AWS cloud, and on helping our customers and partners build innovative solutions and businesses that focus on leveraging the value of data. You will work on the complete set of technologies used in a data lake lifecycle: data integration, data storage, metadata management, data lineage and tiering, entitlements, master data management, data movement, data processing, and data visualization.
As a Data Lake Specialist Solutions Architect (SA), you will be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for helping customers select the technologies that will support their business requirements, and successfully deploy analytics platforms on the AWS cloud. As part of the Data and Analytics Specialist Solutions Architecture team, you will work closely with the other Specialist SAs on Big Data, Databases, Analytics and Artificial Intelligence, as well as the Business Development teams, to enable large-scale customer use cases and drive the adoption of AWS for their data processing platforms. You will interact with other SAs in the field, providing guidance on their customer engagements, and developing white papers, blogs, reference implementations, and presentations to enable customers and 3rd parties to fully leverage the AWS platform. You will also create field enablement materials for the broader SA population, to help them understand how to integrate AWS solutions into customer architectures.
Candidates must have great communication skills and be very technical, with the ability to impress AWS customers at any level, from executive to developer. Previous experience with AWS is desired but not required, provided you have experience building large-scale solutions. You will get the opportunity to work directly with senior engineers at customers, partners and AWS service teams, influencing their roadmaps and driving innovation.
If you are someone who enjoys innovating, likes solving hard problems and working on the cutting edge of technology, we would love to have you on the team.
Roles and responsibilities
· Design Customer Solutions: Collaborate with AWS field account teams, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Elastic Map Reduce (EMR), Redshift, Kinesis, Amazon Machine Learning, AWS Lambda, Data Pipeline, S3, DynamoDB, and the Relational Database Service (RDS)
· Devise Strategy: Engage with solution architects, account managers, professional services and partners to define an analytics engagement strategy for AWS operational territories and key accounts.
· Thought Leadership: Provide global thought leadership on analytics solutions that benefit customers through the use of AWS Services. This takes the form of contribution to external publications such as the AWS Big Data Blog, whitepapers and reference architectures, as well as internal training of solution architects, professional services consultants, technical account managers, and AWS trainers
· Serve as a key member of the business development and account management team in helping to ensure customer success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform.
· Assist solution providers with the definition and implementation of technical and business strategies.
· Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the worldwide AWS solution architect community.
· Understand AWS market segments, and industry verticals.
· Understand and exploit the use of internal business support systems.
The candidate will possess both technical and customer-facing skills
that will allow them to be the technical support “face” of Amazon within
a solution providers’ ecosystem/environment as well as directly to end
customers. He or she will be able to facilitate relationships with
senior personnel, as well as the technical background that enables him
or her to easily interact and give guidance to software developers, IT
pros, and system architects. The ideal candidate will also have a
demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and
· The right person will be highly technical and analytical, possess significant experience of software development and/or IT and networking implementation/consulting experience
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organisations and virtual teams
· Executive speaking and presentation skills – Formal presentations, white-boarding, large and small group presentations
· Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment. Understanding of Agile methodologies, and the ability to apply these practices to analytics projects
· Possessing 5 or more years of data management expertise, spanning ETL processes, master data management or data management platforms experience, and integration in complex environments
· Highly technical and analytical, possessing 10 or more years of analytics platform implementation or operations experience
· Knowledge of the underlying infrastructure requirements such as networking, storage, and hardware optimisation
· Implementation and tuning experience of data warehousing platforms, including knowledge of data warehouse schema design, query tuning and optimisation, and data migration and integration. Experience of requirements for the analytics presentation layer including dashboards, reporting, and OLAP
· BS level technical degree required; computer science or maths background preferred
· Understanding of application, server, and network security is highly desired
· Experience working within the software development or internet industries is highly desired
· Master's degree in computer science or engineering or similar field
· Hands on experience leading large-scale global data warehousing and analytics projects.
· Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of database, data warehousing or data sciences
· Real time streaming technologies and time series with tools such as Spark, Flink, Samza etc.
· Hadoop big Ddata knowledge – Hive metastore; storage partitioning schemes on S3 and HDFS
· ETL – understanding and custom coding
· NoSQL understanding and use case application – Cassandra, HBase, DynamoDB
· Understanding and use cases application of columnar data stores
· Caching and queueing technologies – Kafka/Kinesis, Rabbitmq/SQS, Redis/Memcache etc.
· RDBMS skills – SQL, optimization techniques, etc.
· Scripting/Programming skills – Python, Java, Scala, Go
· Excellent understanding of operating systems including troubleshooting
· Data warehousing knowledge
· Security at rest and in transit