Specialist Manager, Customer Engineering, Data Analytics in Madrid
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience serving in the capacity of a technical field engineer in a cloud computing environment, or equivalent experience in a similar customer facing role.
- Management experience of pre-sales team or similar.
- Experience with Data Management technologies and projects.
- Experience with massive data migrations from legacy environments to distributed environments.
- Knowledge of Data warehousing , technologies such as Redshift, Snowflake, Azure DW, Impala, Hive, BigQuery, Teradata, Netezza, Microsoft SQL Server, Vertica, or Greenplum.
- Knowledge of ETL Tools: Informatica, Talend, Fivetrans, SSIS, or SAP Dataservices.
- Knowledge of big data processing frameworks: Hadoop, spark, beam. Knowledge of streaming systems kafka, kinesis, pubsub, beam, spark, or flink.
- Knowledge of BI tools and SQL: PowerBI, Microstrategy, Looker, SAP BO, Tableau, or Qlick.
- Ability to manage the technical relationship with sales partners.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers and employees. In this role, you will work hand-in-hand with technical Sales teams as an enterprise database subject matter expert to differentiate and paint the vision of Google Cloud to our customers. You will help prospective customers and partners understand the power of Google Cloud, explaining technical features, helping customers design architectures, engage in proof of concepts, and troubleshoot potential roadblocks related to database (and app) migration and data back ends for new app development. You should be a strong motivator and possess the critical interpersonal skills required to manage a diverse collection of engineering professionals. Additionally, you should be a confident presenter with excellent oral and written communication skills. Often working as a "player-coach", you should also maintain personal technical expertise and be prepared to engage directly with prospects as the opportunity presents itself. In addition, you should feel comfortable working cross-functionally with our product, support, engineering, and sales teams.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Collaborate with Sales and Customer Engineering management to determine proper territory coverage and staffing levels. Establish job requisitions, assemble candidate pool, and lead interview team to fill open positions.
- Assess the team’s go-to-market readiness, identify gaps in preparedness, and build plans to ensure the team is properly trained and equipped to successfully perform in support of annualized goals.
- Work with Google Cloud colleagues to identify, qualify, and prioritize joint market opportunities. Participate in periodic business plan review meetings providing insight into how to best secure technical wins on prospects.
- Share in-depth storage and database expertise to support the technical relationship with Google’s customers, including product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination and prioritization of solutions impacting customer adoption of Google Cloud.
- Travel 35-50% required to visit customers across a defined geographic territory.