We are currently searching for candidates to join our distributed team as a Solutions Engineer. The ideal person for this role would have excellent communication skills, strong domain knowledge in service provider network technology, and flexibility to engage in diverse activities including feature definition, PoC development, lab testing, pre-sales demonstration & engagement, and post-sales support. The Solutions Engineering team is a highly distributed team with both remote and office-based team-members
- Provide technical expertise on all Volta products and services Solutions for prospective and existing customers.
Answer customers’ technical questions regarding Volta’s products and services.
Identify common customer requirements and make recommendations for product roadmap.
Communicate customer feedback internally and drive customer success.
Provide technical assistance with responses to tenders, RFIs, and RFPs.
Implement new Volta Network Service applications, proof-of-concept features, and automation integrations, including data modeling and request for APIs to Volta core development team.
Implement and maintain system and feature tests involving the Volta platform, customer network architectures, and third party interoperability.
- Strong communication skills.
- Expert level knowledge of networking technology fundamentals.
- Experience with service provider network architectures and/or operations.
- Familiarity with network protocols such as OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, MPLS, L3VPN,
- Segment Routing, EVPN, YANG / NETCONF, and/or Ethernet OAM.
- Proficient in Python programming or a similar language.
- Proficiency using Linux and experience with server virtualization such as KVM / Libvirt, containers (e.g. Docker), and/or Apache Mesos
- Solid knowledge of data structures, algorithms, unit testing, and version control.
Experience with service and/or device APIs, including mechanisms such as gRPC and HTTP-based (e.g. RESTCONF).
Experience with Free Range Routing (FRR) or other host-based routing stacks.
CCIE, JNCIE, or equivalent experience
Experience in professional services engagements involving integrations with various components in system management and network orchestration/automation space.