Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
At Roche, 97,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity, and on seeing each other’s differences as an advantage. To innovate healthcare, Roche has ambitious plans to keep learning and growing – and is seeking people who have the same goals for themselves.
The Solutions Architect is responsible for designing the functional and technical integration solutions to onboard them onto our common Digital Platform. Responsible for participating in requirements analysis and decomposition, designs and the documentation of the solutions within the R&D Digital. Understand how applications work to support business requirements in alignment with the architecture principles and standards. Works with specialized tools, such as application programming interfaces (APIs) and Event-Driven-Architecture, identity federation or interoperability standards made specifically to support our digital assets.
- Participate in the definition of the architecture roadmap for an ecosystem of digital solutions;
- As a Solutions Architect, you do more than just sketch a system. You work with Engineers, Product Managers, Sales and Medical teams to recommend the best solutions that scales, are reliable and evolve according to our vision, in compliance with the data privacy and legal requirements;
- Define the best technical solution to integrate different applications and systems using the standard component of our architecture landscape, detecting potential gaps or required improvements in these architecture components;
- Support the development and business teams on architecture and technical questions, facilitating the service delivery;
- Proactively foster the delivery of high-quality maintenance, enhancements, and project initiatives of Roche Diabetes Care Platform;
- Ensure that the architecture components are reusable as much as possible, aligned with the standards and best practices;
- Works in a multi-project, multi-team environment with both internal and external team members.
- Specify and design solutions across business areas or systems. Evaluate and undertake impacted analyses on major design options;
- Ensure that the system design balance functional, service quality, security and system management requirements;
- Design, maintain and manage the interface models, frameworks and artefacts
- Contribute to solution scoping and effort sizing with cross-functional teams
- Investigate operational requirements, problems and opportunities for cross functional initiatives
- Seeks to understand before prescribing a solution;
- Self-motivated with proven track record of Cloud Architectures in a complex solution design;
- Stay informed on technology trends and product roadmaps to make informed recommendations;
- Contribute to operational relationship with third party suppliers and consultants;
- Ensure the quality of our Architecture Documentation.
Key skills and Experience:
- BS degree Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years as Solution Architect in a medium/large company
- 2+ years relevant experience in cloud native applications using Microservice architecture and Event-Driven design using REST APIs frameworks
- Experience understanding customers/business requirements and building integration solutions
- Experience working with OAuth2, OpenID, SAML and API Manger
- Experience in integration using Async or Sync interfaces using ESB, Web services, Rest API or streaming APIs
- Proficient in software development lifecycle in Agile frameworks
- Ability to identify problems and suggest mitigating and contingency actions
- Good communication skills and excellent team collaboration
- Experience working with globally distributed teams and 3rd party relationships
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- MS in Computer Science or related field;
- Knowledge of distributed systems following microservice approach;
- Experience in backend languages (Java/NodeJS);
- Experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS Certified Solution Architecture is a plus);
- Experience in Healthcare interoperability standards like FHIR or HL7;
- Understanding of healthcare industry, regulated environments (GxPs), will be a preferred;
- Experience with Azure and/or Google Cloud is a plus.
- iOS, Android architecture skills and conceptually: modeling tools, mobile security, mobile API design
For more than 40 years. Roche Diabetes Care is pioneering innovative diabetes technologies and services. Being a global leader in integrated diabetes management, more than 5,000 employees in over 100 markets worldwide aim every day to help people with diabetes and those at risk to experience true relief from the daily therapy routines. We are dedicated to advancing how care is being provided and to achieve this, we collaborate with caregivers healthcare providers and payers worldwide to drive optimal management of this complex condition and contribute to building sustainable care structures.
Personalized diabetes management
At Roche Diabetes Care we believe that a collaborative, integrated and personalized approach is needed to determine the optimal therapy for each person with diabetes or at risk of developing the disease. It is equally important for us to spark lifestyle changes, encourage motivation and determine opportunities that will enable patients to reach the individual health goals by spending more time in range.
Under the brand Accu-Chek and in collaboration with partners. Roche Diabetes Care creates value by providing integrated solutions to monitor glucose levels, deliver insulin and track as well as contextualize relevant data points to contribute to a successful therapy. By establishing an open ecosystem, connecting devices and digital solutions, Roche Diabetes Care will help to enable personalized diabetes management which will thus help improve therapy outcomes.
By driving digital health in an open ecosystem and offering integrated diabetes management solutions and services, we are aiming to shape the way diabetes care is being provided now and in the future.