The Yolt Team
We created Yolt because we want to give everyone the power to be smart with their money.
We are challenging the status quo of money management and making it effortless and fun!
We are part of a team that operates in a unique space on the boundaries of a large multinational bank (ING) with an entrepreneurial attitude of a start-up.
Our current challenge is to scale our solution and support our beta launch, build an engaging relationship with the users of the app and keep on developing the product based on feedback and the ideas we get from our customers.
We are a small, dedicated team of highly skilled people who work hard, fast and never forget to celebrate our successes.
To support our vision we are looking for an exceptional Solutions Architect with a strong technical background.
Yolt is on its way and we would love to take you with us for the ride!
What you will be doing as a Solutions Architect
You make sure we build our services in a consistent way across the different teams and you work together with other engineers to create and share the architecture vision. Agility is super important for us, so the role requires pragmatism in order to help the teams to design simple solutions that can be improved in iterations. As we intend to grow in the coming years maintainability, scalability and security should be part of every design.
We currently have a micro services architecture, and all of our services are deployed as Docker containers orchestrated by Kubernetes. We have written most services in Java and others is Scala, Python or Go. You should have experience with this type of architecture and have a proven track record as a software engineer, as the role requires hands-one engineering for around 25% of the time.
For our data storage, we rely on Cassandra and we use Kafka to decouple between our processing and data producing services based on an event driven approach. You are eager to learn and explore new technologies that could help us achieve our goals.
The level of expertise and experience within the team will be very high which creates a very energetic atmosphere but we don't forget to have some fun while developing the proposition. You will be part of an unique journey of a new team and will further raise the bar with your added experience.
What we are looking for in a Solutions Architect
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or relevant field
- 5+ years of software engineering experience in the right stack
- Strong skills in software development and experience in design and development of complex systems
- Interest in technology and stay up-to-date on relevant new developments
- Knowledge of design patterns and experience on when to apply them
- Knowledge of Cassandra and Kafka
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in Agile / Scrum or as a Scrum Master
- Familiar with continuous Integration tools
What we offer
- Flexible hours
- Ability to travel to other sites and get to know the local teams and culture
- Amazing future potential as we continue to scale and grow
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Inspiring, entrepreneurial environment with ambitious vision for the future
- Supporting, fun-loving team of highly skilled people
- A challenging job within one of the most distinctive departments of ING
Interested? Send your CV and cover letter to us at: email@example.com