We are looking for an experienced individual with a deep passion for selling technology solutions to senior executives; who knows how to establish relationships with customers, solve business problems, and provide strategic advice for stakeholders. Measures of your success will include new customer acquisition rates, renewal rates, up-selling, cross-selling, customer satisfaction and contribution to overall sales team and business success.
This position is based out of our Madrid, Spain office. You can expect regular travel, mostly within Europe, as needed to support customers and opportunities.
- Serve as a subject-matter expert on the use of location intelligence to drive business and operational decision-making, and successfully match customer pain/requirements to proposed solutions
- Lead strategy sessions and workshops to define solutions and plans to solve some of the most pressing business challenges focused on the value the customer will get
- Partner with sales executives to plan, prepare and execute on strategic deals in complex sales cycles, and assist our sales executives in the technical qualification of new opportunities
- Support engagement scoping and develop statements of work for service programs
- Handle all technical aspects of RFP / RFI responses
- Train customers and partners on the technical features of our platform
- Represent CARTO at conferences and events
- Proven track record of presenting complex technical and business requirements to both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels of an organization
- Ability to craft and propose solutions that clarify how location intelligence can address critical business challenges faced by customers focussed on business outcomes in a variety of verticals and industries
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Strong knowledge of geospatial analysis, spatial data, and software solutions.
- Strong, persuasive communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience leading or developing enterprise-scale business and technical solutions and roadmaps
- Minimum 5 years in technology space with an emphasis on working with enterprise customers
- Strong communication skills in both Spanish and English
- Willingness to travel
- Competitive, results-based compensation
- Access to our employee stock options plan
- Private medical insurance
- A bright, comfortable office, stocked with snacks and good coffee
- Growth prospects at a truly welcoming multicultural and multilingual company
- A big vision: to help the world use location-based data to make better decisions. We believe that openness and sustainability are baked into this vision, and we’re sharing it with the world.
Do you feel that you don't check all of the requirements? At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.
Want to learn more about us? Please visit: