4Credit is a financial technology company working on innovating e-commerce. Yes, e-commerce world is old enough to become a place that asks for innovation. Based on our industry experience and adventurous entrepreneur’s mindset, we believe that we can make a difference. If you like to work on the edge of modern technologies and rapidly evolving ecosystems, join us!
Software Engineers work on code. Yes, you will write code, in Java and a few other languages. This code will need to run on a server (back-end), in a browser (front-end), on a mobile phone, and maybe even on a desktop. It needs to be in production quality, ready to scale. You will participate in design sessions and will contribute to the architecture of the solution. You will also test your code. And, in the end, you need to be able to explain what you have developed to your colleagues, as well as to our partners integrating their systems with ours.
Tasks and Responsibilities
In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Designing and using SQL and non-SQL databases
• Testing and documenting your code
• Contributing to continuous integration practices, automating your work
• Maintaining your deliverables, resolving issues
• Mastering new technologies quicker than others
• Delivering work with the quality that we can be proud of.
Do you see yourself in the following description?
• Completed Bachelor, Master, (or PhD – if you like to leave the academia) degree in a technical area, such as Physics, Mathematics, Computer, or Information Science
• Experienced with SQL (and maybe even non-SQL) databases
• Well familiar with the following frameworks: Spring, jQuery, Bootstrap, Angular.js, Node.js, Hibernate
• Working knowledge of software development tools (versioning systems, bug tracking tools) and processes (continuous integration, automatic testing)
• Good understanding of modern IT infrastructure, telecommunication protocol stacks, and deployment architectures
• Experience in financial domain (e-commerce, EMV, cryptography, payment transactions) is a great plus
• Having passion for learning new technologies and drive to deliver great products
• Having strong analytical skills and hands-on mentality
First of all, we offer to share our passion. We offer an opportunity to acquire and to share knowledge in Financial industry. We offer a professional approach to work, combined with the agility of a young company. We offer a competitive salary and bonus arrangement, international focus, nice working location in Amsterdam or Leiden, and a great team.
Please send us an email to email@example.com or contact us on LinkedIn.