We are currently looking for a talented and enthusiastic Senior Software Engineer to join our Software Development Department and take responsibility for an offshore remote Development Team.
The primary focus of the role is to mentor and coach the offshore team to ensure quality is delivered, technical and functional requirements are properly understood and issues are immediately addressed.
You will have to identify technical improvements for our platform and train the offshore team on new technologies.
You will also work closely with a Product Manager, Business Analyst and a QA Test Engineer, all contributing to deep dive in performance and quality improvement while focusing on delivering the best user experience.
Frontiers is passionate about technology. Thanks to artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) we are able to offer intelligent and innovative features to support and assist our users in the peer-review process.
We embrace innovation and we make a conscientious use of the latest technologies, to take the best from them in our agile software development lifecycle.
You can have a look at our full technology stack by visiting our Technology Radar web page: https://www.frontiersin.io/tech-radar
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
- 4+ years professional experience in software development with .NET
- Strong experience in building distributed systems
- Strong knowledge of software architecture, performance analysis, scalability and availability patterns
- Outstanding problem-solving abilities and a clear commitment to making Frontiers a great place to work
- Ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Excellent written/verbal communication, presentation, listening and decision making skills, with strong ability and passion for interacting with engineering as well as business teams
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum practices
- Experience with the Full-Stack Development of Web Applications and development of SPAs
- Experience with NodeJS, .NET Core or .NET 5;
- Experience with RabbitMQ
- Experience with MSSQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch or equivalent;
- Experience with Auth0, OAuth2, Role-based access control, JSON Web Tokens;
- Experience with REST APIs, OpenAPI, GraphQL;
- Experience with Angular, Vue.js and Nuxt;
- Experience with BPMN, DMN, Camunda and Camunda Cloud;
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Azure AKS, Azure DevOps, AWS.
- Competitive salary.
- 25 leave days.
- Great work-life balance.
- A top-notch office in an awesome location
- Great flexibility for working from home.
- Fresh fruit, snacks and coffee.
- English classes.
- Flexible retribution scheme (nursery cheques, restaurant pass, transportation).
- Team building/sport activities and monthly social events.
- Lots of opportunities to work with exciting technologies and solve challenging problems.
- Joining a company that can really boost the beneficial impact of science on people, society and the planet
Please submit your application in English (cover letter and resume).
Applicants must be Spanish or EU citizen, or have a valid Spanish work permit.
Thanks for your time checking the job description, if you think you can match with the role don't hesitate to send us your CV, I'm looking forward to hearing from you!
Frontiers actively embraces diversity and is a safe and welcoming workplace. Recruitment is free from discrimination - including based on race, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. With over 600 employees from more than 50 different nations, our diversity creates vibrant teams and constantly challenges us to appreciate multiple perspectives.