Fluendo is a leading company on multimedia solutions based on the GStreamer framework. We develop from high-end video and audio codecs, to slick end-user applications or multimedia middle-ware powering different playback, encoding and streaming scenarios. Our software is being used in millions of devices and our clients vary from the main thin client manufacturers to the world’s leading film production labels.
Our engineering team is a multidisciplinary group of skilled and passionate engineers following good development practices, using Git everywhere, writing unit tests and end-to-end tests to feed our CI systems or doing peer-reviews among other things. We use Jira to manage epics, stories, issues and bugs and each team works with the methodology that fits their needs best. Our support team also helps the engineering team in the first level support trying to triage and provide as much information as possible to reproduce bugs. But ourselves and our users have a very high standard for quality and following good practices is not enough to ensure the quality we expect when releasing new versions… and this is where we need you!
We are building the QA department from the ground up and as a SQA Engineer you will be responsible of re-designing the current SQA processes in the company for the different teams, implement testing protocols and strategies in the development process and automate tests as much as possible, with the final goal to ensure a much better quality in our product releases. Our ideal candidate should have a focus on users' satisfaction and be able to coordinate efforts with the support, product and engineering team towards this goal.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents with the product team to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Help the engineering team writing better tests scenarios.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities for new releases.
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs in coordination with the support team.
- Track quality assurance metrics.
- You have a Computer Science background.
- You like new challenges and enjoy solving problems.
- You have strong knowledge of SQA methodologies.
- You have experience defining and implementing SQA processes around several teams.
- You know how to use software management tools like Jira and manage SQA with it.
- You have used Test Managment Sofware tools TestRails.
- You have experience writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- You have experience writing tests in a high level language such as C# and Python.
- Career path
- Beautiful offices in Barcelona's city center
- Great work environment
- Flexible working hours
- 2 days-off and personal budget for conferences and courses
- Internal hackathons
- Internal tech talks
- Work-from-home on Fridays
- Half-day on Fridays
- 25 vacation days
- Gym and private medical insurance
- 2 team buildings per year
- Free coffee
- Fruit on Mondays
- Relocation pack if you are moving to Barcelona
- English and Spanish lessons