CUBELIZER is looking for a wide-spectrum, multi-purpose engineer to develop machine learning and computer vision algorithms, grow the IoT solution and help operate the cloud infrastructure.
Cubelizer provides a service to analyze people behavior inside physical spaces, specially shopping centers and offices. To make this possible, Cubelizer deploys a network of IoT devices and uses video processing and machine learning first to detect and track people and then to synthesize massive amounts of data into business-relevant insights and information.
It is an opportunity to be part of a cutting-edge technological startup awarded with several international prizes and acknowledgements.
The selected person will be part of a highly committed and motivated team that is creating the next level of physical spaces analytics.
• Working knowledge in some of the following topics/technologies and a straight desire to learn the rest:
- Image and video processing (ideally with Python and OpenCV)
- Pattern recognition and analysis (machine learning using Python)
- IoT devices (currently Raspberry Pi, running Linux)
- Cloud infrastructure: Amazon AWS or Google cloud.
- Backend for a web and an API (Python)
• We will additionally value experience in:
- Linux system administration
- ElasticSearch, MySQL, Hadoop, Oauth2, Ansible
- Frontend: visualization interface for the customer (html5, vue.js)
• Excellent writing and communication skills.
• Full competence in Spanish and English.
• Be comfortable in a fast pace and highly demanding environment. If you are not happy within this environment, don’t apply 😊.
• People person.
• Honest, responsible, kind and positive person… and a bit crazy.
• Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software modules for our processing engine.
• Design, develop and improve machine learning and computer vision algorithms.
• Deploy and operate both the IoT infrastructure and the cloud infrastructure.
• Work in a self-driven manner in a cooperative environment.
• Write clean, modular code.
• Design for performance.
WHY JOINING US
• Use technology to solve very complex challenges.
• Focus on customers. Tech is relevant but understanding how customers think is key.
• Work side by side with the founders. We are a small team (6-people team right now) so you will be side by side with us.
• Get experience on a highly dynamic environment. If you are not comfortable working in a fast pace and highly demanding environment, don’t apply 😊.
• Opportunity to grow with the company. When Cubelizer grows, you will grow with it, both on responsibilities, challenges and salary.
• Playfield to develop your own ideas. It means that we do not want people that just receive orders but people who is willing to propose something by him/her self, even if they are wrong.
• You will have a flexible schedule adapted to your needs. We are committed to get things done not to timetables.
HOW DO WE WORK
• We get things done for our customer. This is our focus.
• We get things done for our customer. This must be understood.
• We love agile everywhere! From approaching customers to adding features to the software.
• We are very pragmatic. We use specific software development best practices that fit our changing needs, but do not advocate or firmly adhere to a unique methodology.
• Software specifics: working in very short cycles, coding standards and test-driven development.
If you are interested, send us your CV an any other information you think might be help know more about you to firstname.lastname@example.org