You will be assisting with the development of the software systems
that make-up the Careem engine. These large scale, distributed systems
handle everything from user requests to payment processing.
Our tech stack is Java 8 and Spring Boot, SQL and no-SQL DBs, iOS and Android applications, web frontend and AWS infrastructure.
Key responsibilities include:
- Development of our distributed backend system to meet the challenging functional, scalability and reliability requirements for our fast growing business
- Execute full software development lifecycle
- Work in a team with highly talented software engineers
- Write clean, reusable, testable, and maintainable code
- Grow into a subject matter expert
- Continuously strive for higher quality and productivity
- Experience in object-oriented design, data-structures and algorithms.
- Proficiency in Java and server-side technologies (must love coding!)
- Fluency with software engineering tools.
- Ability to: effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions; deal with loosely defined problems and fast changing requirements & think abstractly
- Passionate about learning new technologies and working on a product of massive scale and impact
Nice to have:
- Experience in multi-tiered distributed systems.
- Web services & APIs, and relational & NoSQL databases
- Experience of Micro services & building scalable and reliable platforms.
- Experience with cloud-centric application development and deployment
- Competitive salary and equity shares
- 30 working days annual leave
- Entrepreneurial working environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Mentorship and career growth