Cloudbeds is a travel industry startup that works to make the world a more welcome place. We make advanced cloud-based hospitality software for hotels, hostels, vacation rentals and groups that manages reservations and guests, distributes room availability, sells inventory, and collects payments. Our hundreds of team members are distributed across 30 countries and, altogether, we speak 17 languages. How do we do it? On a #remotefirst platform that allows every member of our team to work from wherever they are around the globe. We’re looking for people who want to disrupt the travel industry and love to travel as much as we do.
As a Software Engineering Manager at Cloudbeds, you will lead a remote team of 10 Software Engineers across many time zones and cultures. You will be responsible for their performance and growth, as well as on-time delivery of projects. You will work closely with Engineering, Product, and Customer Support to continuously experiment and iterate on new process aiming to optimize efficiency, quality, and communication. As a Software Engineering Manager at Cloudbeds, you will help us in delivering the highest quality full-stack management solution for hotels, B&B’s, hostels, and vacation rentals all over the world.
What You Will Do:
- Manage a high quality software engineering team, supporting their technical and professional growth.
- Encourage a healthy and engaging team culture demonstrating Cloudbeds’ values through mentorship, performance management, and measurable objectives.
- Work closely with Engineering and Product teams on project prioritization, planning, and delivery.
- Ensure sharp and timely execution of product roadmap and escalations.
- Develop and iterate processes to optimize team efficiency, quality, and communication.
- Contribute to technical discussions, decisions, and strategy.
You’ll Succeed With:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related technical field.
- 5+ years experience as a web application Software Engineer.
- 3+ years experience as a remote Software Engineering Manager.
- Experience collaborating with engineers, product managers, and leads across functional groups.
- Experience implementing hiring, onboarding, or training programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrating patience, resourcefulness, and a positive attitude.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and deliver on project timelines.
- Strong communication, negotiation, and technical writing skills.
- Ability to take initiative and make an impact on the larger organization.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work remotely and manage your own time in an international team.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication in English.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience programming or supporting perl applications.
- Experience programming or supporting applications in Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA).
- Experience with Atlassian products (JIRA/Confluence/BitBucket).
Our company culture supports flexible working schedules with an open PTO policy, personal and professional development for individual growth, and the opportunity to travel and work remotely with great people. If you think you have the skills and passion, we’ll give you the support and opportunity to grow your career. If you would like to be considered for the role, we would love to hear from you!
Company Awards to Check Out!
- Inc. Best Places to Work (2017 & 2018)
- Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Companies (2018)
- Connect MIP Award (Technology)
- Best Places to Work | HotelTechReport (2018 & 2019)
- Start-Ups to Watch in 2018 | Forbes