Lodgify is an ever-growing, fast-paced tech startup based in Barcelona providing a software focused on building direct channel technology which empowers vacation rental owners and property managers to create a professional website and grow direct bookings, free from commissions.
With a development team of 20+ developers, and planning to more than double its size, we are on the lookout for a very experienced Software Engineering Manager who will report directly to the CTO. Someone with a strong technical background who is able to manage our Infrastructure and our Internal Platform Team (Core team) to ensure efficient and stable infrastructure, tech and environment for development.
You will lead by example to motivate and grow our international team, to optimize and exceed the team's productivity and to provide tailored personal development plans. You will also be working closely with our CTO and will have a key role in the definition and execution of our technical Roadmap.
- Manage, motivate and retain a team of 7 developers.
- Defining directly with the CTO, clear roles and assign areas of ownership, ensure clear priorities, and maximize cross-team alignment.
- Provide leadership within the team to continuously optimize structures, processes and best practices.
- Ensure the team is operating effectively to reach their goals, are properly supported and deliver quality software.
- Advocate engineers to follow the defined engineering practices & standards through active involvement.
- Develop, mentor and coach your team through their various stages of their careers to ensure growth and development.
- Hire and onboard. We are growing fast and you will be participating proactively, together with the HR team in hiring and mentoring all the new joiners.
Tech Roadmap responsibilities:
- Collaborate in the definition of the Tech Roadmap and advise the CTO in key technical decisions
- Transform the roadmap into a backlog of user stories to achieve our goals
- Organize the product releases and rollout with clear communication with the different stakeholders.
- Ensure product and tech roadmap execution by: tracking team’s objectives and maintaining high standards of accountability.
Backend technologies we use:
- Google Cloud, Kubernetes, Docker, PostgreSql, MS SQL, RabbitMQ, Redis, .Net Core, C#
What you’ve got:
- Proven managerial experience building, leading and scaling development teams.
- Extensive experience as a Devops or Backend Developer.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience in implementing reliable and efficient processes to accelerate development and improve quality
- Positive and committed with a 'can-do' attitude and a flexible approach
- Experience managing agile teams and educating teams about agile principles (e.g. experience with Kanban or SCRUM).
You’ll receive a competitive compensation package, meal vouchers, private health insurance and relocation support if needed. By joining us, you’ll have the opportunity to make an impact during a very exciting phase of our growth. We really care about personal growth and as part of a team of skilled developers you’ll have plenty of opportunities to learn with us. You'll become part of Lodgify's friendly international team.
We are proud to have an international team that acknowledges a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. At Lodgify, we celebrate diversity and difference, and we are strongly committed to building an inclusive environment for all our employees.
All applications, including CV & cover letter, must be submitted in English. Applications in any other language will not be considered.