The Cloudbeds team is composed of the greatest minds in technology and travel. Together, we build innovative technology products used to operate and grow lodging businesses all over the world and connect those lodging businesses to travelers from every corner of the globe. Our aim is to make the world a more welcoming place; after all, we understand the value of travel and share a love of different cultures, people, and places.
We’re looking for the world’s best technology innovators who want to help us reinvent the world of tech in travel and who love to travel as much as we do. Our hundreds of team members are spread over 40 countries, speaking 30+ languages. So, how do we do it? We have been a #remotefirst company since our founding in 2012, and we encourage every member of our team to work from wherever they are around the globe.
As a Software Engineering Manager at Cloudbeds, you will lead a remote team of Software Engineers to deliver frequent and high-impact improvements related to our financial suite of products to our customers in over 150 countries. You will be responsible for team hiring, onboarding, performance, and growth, as well as facilitating the delivery of key projects. In an agile and high-growth environment, you will work across departments to eliminate obstacles by continuously experimenting with new and creative ideas to optimize performance, quality, and communication. As a Software Engineering Manager at Cloudbeds, you will be a key contributor to our delivery of the highest quality full-stack property management solution for properties all around the world.
This is an opportunity to be on the ground floor of a company completely transforming the world of travel technology. You will be an essential member of the team as we march toward our goal to power every lodging business in the world.
Location: Europe (Remote)
What You Will Do:
- Manage high-performing, agile software teams in a rapidly growing, global organization.
- Partner closely with engineering, product, and leadership to facilitate project delivery.
- Leveraging your background, actively contributing to technical discussions and strategy.
- Contribute to department-wide initiatives promoting technical excellence, innovation, engagement, and diversity.
- Work with our recruiting team to hire and onboard top engineering talent.
- Encourage a healthy and innovative team culture demonstrating Cloudbeds’ values through mentorship and coaching.
- Constantly detect and take advantage of opportunities to improve team performance, quality, and communication (Kaizen!).
You’ll Succeed With:
- BS or MS in computer science or a related technical field.
- 10+ years experience developing software, preferably SaaS.
- 5+ years experience managing remote, international multi-disciplinary teams of backend engineers, frontend engineers, designers, and testers.
- 2+ years of experience managing multiple teams.
- A passion for delivering value to customers via agile software development.
- Excellent knowledge of SaaS software technologies, best practices, and design patterns.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills to facilitate initiatives within engineering and new product value to customers.
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and decision-making skills driving high-impact, rapid, and iterative change in a fast-moving environment.
- Excellent communication, documentation, and presentation skills.
- Experience hiring, onboarding, and developing strong engineering teams.
- Experience with coaching and mentorship to elevate team performance.
- Ability to take initiative and make an impact on the larger organization.
- Ability to work remotely and manage your own time in an international team.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience in Finance or Payments products
- Certified Agile Scrum Master and/or Product Owner Certification(s).
- Knowledge of PHP, Perl, NodeJS, Python, JS, Vue.js, React, MySQL, Redis, and SQS.
- Experience programming or supporting applications in Amazon Web Services.
- Experience managing within a scrum framework.
- Experience with service-oriented, micro-service, or serverless architectures.
- Experience implementing cross-department incident escalation flows.
- Experience with Atlassian products (JIRA/Confluence/BitBucket).
Our company culture supports flexible working schedules with an open Paid Time Away policy and gives all team members the opportunity to travel and work remotely with great people. If you think you have the skills and passion, we’ll give you the support and opportunity to thrive in your career. If you would like to be considered for the role, we would love to hear from you!
Company Awards to Check Out!
- Fastest Growing Companies | Inc. 500 (2018 & 2019)
- Best Places to Work | Inc Magazine (2017 & 2018)
- Best Places to Work | HotelTechReport (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Start-Ups to Watch | Forbes (2018)
- Best Startup Employers | Forbes (2020)
- Technology Fast 500 | Deloitte (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Top 100 North America | Red Herring (2020)
- Connect MIP Award (Technology)