Within the Airbus Group we are a team of software enthusiasts with the mission of developing flight simulators and test systems for a variety of aircrafts. At the core, our simulations and test systems are distributed real-time applications. Our flight simulators are used by customers all around the globe. Despite of working in the conservative aviation industry, our project cycles are much shorter than in a traditional aircraft development program. This allows us to stay up to date with our development tools and technologies.
We are looking for a "full stack" Software Engineer, ideally with a passion for aviation. Over time you will touch almost all components of a flight simulator. You might write models representing aircraft subsystems, improving our simulation framework and tools, rehosting aircraft code as a simulation component, specifying requirements with our customers or performing simulator sessions with our own Airbus test pilots. Rarely one day is like the day before.
Technologies: C++, Qt, Python, Go, Git
Are you the right fit?
We have carefully and painstakingly elaborated our own Joel test for this job offer.
A score of 10 is a perfect match, 9 is tolerable, but 8 or lower we can just be friends.
Just answer these questions sincerely. Here we go:
- Do you have a solid knowledge and experience using C++?
- Have you used continuous integration tools like Jenkins/Bamboo/CircleCI/Travis?
- Do you prefer Linux over Windows as we do?
- Do you have analytical structured thinking?
- Do you like to learn new things?
- Are you fluent in English (written and spoken) ?
- Do you think like us, that unit tests are fundamental for a robust code base?
- Have you worked with any communication protocol framework (TCP/IP, GRPC, ZeroMQ, NATS, ICE, Protocol Buffers...)?
- Do you consider yourself proactive and able to work independently?
- Do you have a passion for aviation?
- Are occasional travels abroad not a big deal?
- Are they really more than 10 questions?
- Have you counted the number of questions after reading the previous question?
As you may have seen, we like curious people with a passion for software development and aviation.
- Love doing code reviews.
- Prefer doing git rebase instead a git merge.
- Don't have an unstable build in our master branches.
- Have a containerized immutable infrastructure.
- Perform automatic reviews with static analysis of code.
- Build, test, package our software without using our hands.
What you’ll find is:
- A brilliant European Aerospace Company
- A exciting Division called Airbus Defence & Space.
- An international team, located in Getafe (Madrid).
- DevOps Culture.
- Tech talks and constant learning.
- Challenging Software and Simulation problems.
We ❤ FOSS contributors. Feel free to include a link to your Github, Bitbucket or Gitlab profile.