Software Engineer (Python) in Madrid or Remote
People deserve more from their money. More visibility, more control, more freedom. And since 2015, Revolut has been on a mission to deliver just that. With an arsenal of awesome products that span spending, saving, travel, transfers, investing, exchanging and more, our super app has helped 18+ million customers get more from their money. And we're not done yet.
As we continue our lightning-fast growth, we believe that two things are essential to continuing our success: our people and our culture. So far, we have 3000+ people working around the world, from our great offices or remotely, on our mission. And we're looking for more. We want brilliant people that love building great products, love redefining success, and love turning the complexity of a chaotic world into the simplicity of a beautiful solution.
About the role
At Revolut, you may expect Python Engineers are working on heavily regulated banking systems, but this is not always the case. We’re actually better known internally for writing high-quality code and building complex novel solutions end-to-end - whether it’s creating our chatbot Rita from nothing in a fortnight, or automated FinCrime quality controls in a few weeks, Python Engineers are working at the cutting edge.
We deploy an embedded structure across our teams for product development, so as a Python Engineer, you will sit within a Product Team - simultaneously working with Data Scientists, Analysts, Engineers, Product Owners and Operations Managers to solve problems in a variety of areas across the business.
What you’ll be doing
- Building APIs making sure they are properly designed and scale according to the business needs
- Creating data pipelines to pull data from production services into our data warehouse - powering reporting, data analytics and data science
- Writing event consumers to build new data models in order to provide this data to new flows and processes
What you'll need
- At least 8 years of experience working as a Software Engineer
- A minimum of 3 years Engineering with Python as your primary language
- An academic background in a STEM subject
- Fluency in Python, SQL and other OOPLs
- Experience with API development & integration
- Practical understanding of distributed systems
- Ability to write concurrent code in IO/CPU bound situations
- Experience with Docker, K8s, Ansible, Teamcity, monitoring and alerting
Nice to have
- Experience with prototyping and sketching
- Multiple side projects or open source contributions
- Exposure to GCP
- Lithuania: €3,500 - €6,700 gross monthly*
- Other locations: Compensation will be discussed during the interview process
*Final compensation will be determined based on the candidate's qualifications, skills, and previous experience
1,000 - 5,000