MessageBird is a Cloud Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) company for SMS, Voice and Chat communications that connects businesses to 7 billion phones worldwide. We’re one of the fastest growing software companies in the world and are always on the hunt for robust Software Engineers to be a part of our impressive product-delivery teams.
As a Software Engineer, you will be an integral part of one of our product-engineering squads, and responsible for designing, developing, maintaining and supporting our communication products and related services.
We seek to deliver reliable, secure and maintainable applications, enabling our customers to send out millions of SMS messages per day; place voice calls via our REST API; gain real time insights using our Dashboard and reach out to their consumers via IM platforms like WhatsApp.
Our product-engineering squads have the freedom, end-to-end responsibility and authority to create impactful products to empower both our internal and external customers. We operate using an agile development methodology, deploying code multiple times per day while always making sure that our applications are rigorously automatically tested and statically analyzed.
In return, you’ll gain access to one of the most fun, open, and ambitious groups of people working all around the globe. We push each other to be our ultimate best, and are the kind of company that will make you feel happy about getting out of bed to come and work every morning.
- Help design and build a performant, scalable and fault-tolerant communication platform.
- Work with other engineers on the team to solve difficult but exciting system design and implementation problems.
- Work with and enable engineers on other teams that interact with the platform.
Skills and Qualifications
- Proactive attitude
- Ability and desire to learn (fast)
- Team player
- Knowledge of software design
- Knowledge of PHP and MySQL
- Experience with refactoring legacy systems (bonus)
- Experience with test-driven development (bonus)
- Experience with Docker, Containers and K8S (bonus)
- Experience with Symfony framework/components or Yii2 Framework (bonus)
- Top-notch work equipment (MacBook, Large screen, Bose headphones, etc.)
- We are a team of foodies, so every single day, lunch is on us. Better said, our private chefs are serving great food all day long!
- Friday after-work drinks at the office
- MessageBird swag to keep you looking fresh in summer and feeling warm in winter
- Weekly kickboxing, pilates and boot camp sessions on our rooftop
- The occasional company-wide gathering and team outings (dinners, paintball, bubble ball, LAN gaming, movie nights, etc.)
- A swanky new, spacious office with a ping pong table, Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Sega and PS4
- Forward thinking, talented and fun bunch of colleagues, hailing from more than 30 countries!
Work with us and build the data-driven telecom company of the future! MessageBird is an equal opportunity employer. If you think you meet these requirements, apply! We look forward to your application letter and resume.