At New Relic, we provide our customers real-time insights, so they can innovate faster. Our software delivers insightful observability tools across different technologies and distributed systems, enabling software engineering teams to identify, understand and tackle issues, analyze performance, and maximise their software and infrastructure.
The Infrastructure Instrumentation organization is looking for a Software Engineer to join our group in Europe. This organization develops and maintains instrumentation agents and integrations for a wide range of products, including Kubernetes, Prometheus, etc... All the development is open source.
We encourage async communication and independence, but we also build strong human relationships between team members during our ceremonies or in-person gatherings when possible.
- Build, maintain, and scale Go clients/projects and their support tools.
- Contribute to Open Source and get the chance to grow your reputation and skills.
- Collaborate with team members to discuss and implement service improvements, research new tools and services to solve sophisticated problems properly.
- Ship incrementally and often, helping the team to maintain a constant flow of feedback on its work.
- Work in an agile environment with a DevOps approach—teams build and maintain their own software, including participating in second layer support rotations.
- You have experience and are passionate about open source software, Linux systems, software architectures and Go programming language.
- You're an autonomous, cross-functional, and agile person who thrives in a fast-paced environment focused on delivering high-quality software at a regular cadence.
- You're self-motivated, learn fast, keep accountable and demonstrate creative problem-solving skills.
- You thrive collaborating with colleagues in important decisions and sharing code ownership.
- Experience developing instrumentation products.
- Experience developing on different Unix OSes and Windows.
- Upstream contributions to relevant Open Source projects (e.g. OpenTelemetry, Prometheus, DBs, http servers, etc).
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to help every engineer do their best work, every day, using data, not opinions, at every stage of the software lifecycle. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic atwww.newrelic.com/blog/how-to-relic/future-of-work
New Relic currently has offices in Germany, Ireland, Spain, and the United Kingdom, and based on business needs may approve work in Belgium, France, Italy, The Netherlands, Switzerland, Sweden, UAE, and other locations throughout the region. Some of our opportunities are limited to specific hiring locations. Talk with your recruiter about your goals and how we can work with you in our Flex First approach!
Our hiring process
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.