At New Relic, we provide our customers with instant and deep insight into their application’s behavior and performance. With our SaaS-based application performance monitoring (APM) solution, we have our customer’s backs by transparently instrumenting their application and reporting issues, often before the customer knows that there is a problem. We give our customers as much information as possible to help them tune their site’s reliability and performance.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our growing team in charge of the On-Host Integrations offering of our New Relic Infrastructure product.
At New Relic, you will work with some of the best engineers and tackle some of the most complex problems in the industry. As a member of Barcelona team, you will help shape and grow our European development center. We’re a fast-growing software company that cares about our culture. We value work/life balance, personal respect, code ownership by engineers, and experimentation. If all this sounds like your dream job, read on.
- Build New Relic Infrastructure On-Host integrations to enable industry leading monitoring of services and applications.
- Add more functionalities to the New Relic Infrastructure SDK
- Research new tools and services to understand complex scenarios and to also propose killer features.
- Participate in architectural definitions with a high degree of innovation and creativity.
- Create sweeping improvements in stability, performance, and scalability across the product.
- Keep the engineering tools up, being responsible of the pipeline and released products.
Skills and experience:
- You have experience (at least 3 years) in Go, C/C++, Python, Java, C# or Ruby programming languages.
- You have experience in developing, shipping and maintaining on host installed software.
- You have some experience in Linux platform, you understand how it works and you know about kernel, permissions, version differences, performance, etc.
- You are very interested in learning new languages, platforms, and ideas.
- You are passionate about the whole stack a complex modern application requires.
- You have any experience consuming REST APIs will be a great plus for this role, although not mandatory.
- You have any experience in multi-threaded and asynchronous programming, although not mandatory.
- You understand the value that build and test automation brings to a development team's efficiency and reliability and are passionate about applying these techniques to your projects. Quality is really important to you and Unit, Integration, and Acceptance testing is a normal part of your engineering workflow.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on delivering production code at a regular cadence using Agile techniques, tools and methodologies.
- You have a collaborative work style that includes colleagues in important decisions and leads to share code ownership.
- You have great team player skills.
- You communicate easily in English.
- You have the right to work in Spain (EEA, http://europa.eu/about-eu/countries/).
To apply please provide a cover letter telling us who you are and why this job is right for you, along with a resume that includes links to things you’re proud to have built!
- Competitive salary
- Equity compensation plan
- Performance reviews twice a year
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule
- Amazing and fun work environment
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage
- English and Spanish language classes
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks…) to keep you healthy and comfy
- Fresh fruits, snacks and beverages
- We support technical meetups, both local and international
- We help with relocation
At New Relic, we hire people who are eager to contribute to our culture, and we empower them to do just that. We take pride in thinking beyond our day-to-day job descriptions, and encourage you to actively seek out opportunities to create the type of work environment that you want to be a part of. What does this look like in action? You should be ready to be a “culture add” to New Relic and spend ~5% of your time finding meaningful ways to make this an even better place to work.
A little about us:
New Relic provides the real-time insights that software-driven businesses need to innovate faster. New Relic’s cloud platform makes every aspect of modern software and infrastructure observable, so companies can find and fix problems faster, build high-performing DevOps teams, and speed up transformation projects. Learn why more than 50% of the Fortune 100 trust New Relic at newrelic.com.
We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established on October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup.
This is a unique opportunity to work at a startup within a NYSE company where the entire office fits around the lunch table. We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
Very interested but not sure if you’re the right fit? Don’t be shy, click on the link below to send your resume with a cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!
New Relic is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, individuals with disabilities, age, sexual orientation, protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by law. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
About New Relic