At Fluendo, we are building the next generation of video analysis tools for coaches and players for traditional sports. Our software LongoMatch is being used by thousands of coaches worldwide, in amateur and professional teams like the Belgium national football team, Malaga CF, the Spanish Handball National Team or the Toronto Raptors in the NBA.
We are a team of passionate engineers trying to follow good development practices, using a 2 weeks development cycle with our custom implementation of Scrum, one that simply works for us. We use Git as our version control system, try to write as much documentation as possible, use feature branches and peer-review as well as unit tests, continuous integration and automated builds.
As a Software Engineer, you will be in charge of designing and building desktop, mobile and server applications running in multiple platforms (Mac, Windows, Android, iOS, Azure, AWS, etc.) and using C#, Mono, Xamarin, GTK+ and GStreamer among other technologies. We are looking for a good engineer with an extensive knowledge of C#, that understands how to write async code and have experience developing cross-platform applications from its initial design to the final packages released to end users. You must be capable of leading the design and implementation of new features, empowering code reuse across platforms and mastering the development lifecycle of an application, both mobile and desktop. It will be a plus if you have your own side-projects and you have already shipped an application of your own. But above all, we are looking for passionate individuals that love their jobs and are not afraid of taking new responsibilities and leave their comfort zone.
- Strong Computer Science background.
- Problem solving skills.
- Autonomy and experience to create software from scratch.
- Good debugging skills, especially with other people's code.
- Experience with C# and knowledge of the .Net development ecosystem for desktop, mobile and server applications (Xamarin, Blazor, ASP.Net)
- Passion for clean, stable and unit-tested code
- Love for continuous integration and DevOps lifecycles (building, testing, delivering)
- Experience building cross-platform applications in at least 2 of the following platforms: Linux, macOS, Windows, Android and iOS.
- Capable of writing and understanding asynchronous code.
- Fluent using Git: you know how to work with branches, create pull requests or rebase other people’s work.
- Have a good understanding of the MVVM/MVC/MVP design patterns, data bindings, dependency injection and good development practices for desktop, mobile and server applications.
We will also like if you
- Have worked with Blazor.
- Have microservices architecture and API REST knowledge.
- Have worked with graphics libraries like Cairo or Skia.
- Know how to design user interfaces with XAML.
- Have deep knowledge of at least one UI toolkit like Xamarin, dotNet MAUI, Gtk+, Qt, WPF or Cocoa.
- Have experience with multimedia applications, like multimedia players or video editors.
- Have Computer Vision knowledge
- Have experience with Scrum development teams.
- Personal projects or contributions to Open Source / Free Software projects.
- Love any kind of sport that can be analyzed.
- Salary based on your experience, from 25k (junior) to 50k (senior)
- Career path
- Beautiful offices in Barcelona's city center
- Great work environment
- Flexible working hours
- 2 days-off and personal budget for conferences and courses
- Internal hackathons
- Internal tech talks
- Work-from-home on Fridays
- Half-day on Fridays
- 25 vacation days
- Gym and private medical insurance
- 2 team buildings per year
- Free coffee
- Fruit on Mondays
- Relocation pack if you are moving to Barcelona
- English and Spanish lessons