lastminute.com group is a publicly traded multinational Group, among the worldwide leaders in the online travel industry, and we operate a portfolio of well-known brands such as lastminute.com, Bravofly, Rumbo, Volagratis and Jetcost.
Every month, the Group reaches across all its websites and mobile apps (in 17 languages and 40 countries) 43 million unique users that search for and book their travel and leisure experiences. More than 1,200 people enjoy working with us and contribute to provide our audience with a comprehensive and inspiring offering of travel related products and services.
To support the growth of our business we are looking for Software Engineering Manager. He/she will be responsible for the management of multiple teams in a dedicated area of the product:
● Responsible for growth and high performance of the software teams. Assigns clear goals and foster the knowledge’s growth of the domain, the product and the business.
● Manages the budget and external vendors.
● Ensures that the roadmap takes into account also technical debt removal and infrastructure evolutions.
● Prioritises the issues and supports the tech organisation in tackling them
● Fosters alignment among people in the teams, with external stakeholders or between teams and locations.
● Fosters the healthy growth of a common codebase and common infrastructure.
● Manages performance reviews, pay decisions, recruitment and other personnel actions.
● Drives design and interactions at software architecture level.
● Collects requirements with impacts on software architecture and infrastructure.
Skills and Experience
● You have previous experience in people management, in complex contexts and environments
● You are a supportive manager, able to provide actionable feedback that helps improving the performance, avoiding micro-management
● You are a promoter of autonomy and proactivity
● You adopt a pragmatic approach to development, balancing between output quality and time
● You have a natural problem solving attitude and good negotiation skills
What we offer
● Flexible working hours
● Access to an online learning platform with over 9000 courses with unique mix of content
● Yearly department budget to be spent on technical training
● Powerful development workstation (last generation MacBook laptops, External monitor etc ..)
● Monthly internal technical conference
● Complimentary fruit, beverages, coffees and a dedicated lounge area