We are looking for an enthusiastic .Net full stack developer that helps us to design and build a new generation of tools that will transform open-access publishing (see a video from our CEO about Open Science). You will be working in a Cloud environment with Microsoft Azure and developing .Net applications and APIs.
Our technology stack includes technologies like MongoDB, Elasticsearch, .Net Core, Vue.js among others. If you have worked before with these technologies, that would be a plus. Otherwise, this can be a great opportunity for you to get familiar with them.
You will work in a Scrum team along with other talented developers. Supported by a Scrum Master, QA and Product Owner, the team usually works in 2 week sprints.
What you will do
- Develop full stack .Net applications.
- Write scalable SQL and Elasticsearch queries that impact millions of rows while keeping execution time low.
- Develop APIs that expose data and services to the rest of the company.
- Collaborate with designers and UX experts to create applications that allow to visualize and interpret information in a few clicks.
- Participate in your team's Scrum process.
- Initiate and participate in technical discussions where many tools, architectures and processes are on the table.
- Submit pull requests and discuss solutions with the team in order to share knowledge.
- Contribute to overall software quality by writing SOLID and testable code.
- Be willing to take ownership of the quality of the software from beginning to end.
What we are looking for
- You have good English skills.
- Minimum of 2 years in a similar role.
- Proficient with C#, T-SQL and Frontend development.
- Knowing Elasticsearch, MongoDB & JS Frameworks is a plus.
- Experience in the Microsoft Azure cloud and Docker is a plus.
- You hold your work to high standards.
- You are curious and love to learn and try out new things.
- Knowledgeable in development methods, best practices, conventions, algorithms and design patterns.
- You are not afraid to fail fast and learn from mistakes.
- You are willing to travel to the Frontiers' headquarters in Switzerland occasionally.
What we’re offering
- Competitive salary.
- 25 leave days.
- Great work-life balance.
- A top-notch office in an awesome location
- Great flexibility for working from home.
- Fresh fruit, snacks and coffee.
- English classes.
- Flexible retribution scheme (nursery cheques, restaurant pass, transportation).
- Team building/sport activities and monthly social events.
- Lots of opportunities to work with exciting technologies and solve challenging problems.
- Joining a company that can really boost the beneficial impact of science on people, society and the planet
Please submit your application in English (cover letter and resume).
Applicants must be Spanish or EU citizen, or have a valid Spanish work permit.
Agencies must first contact email@example.com and confirm agreement to our T&C’s, failing which any exclusivity and/or candidate representation right will be considered to be waived.
Thanks for your time checking the job description, if you think you can match with the role don't hesitate to send us your CV, I'm looking forward to hearing from you!
Frontiers actively embraces diversity and is a safe and welcoming workplace. Recruitment is free from discrimination - including based on race, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. With over 600 employees from more than 50 different nations, our diversity creates vibrant teams and constantly challenges us to appreciate multiple perspectives.