Visitame is looking for an enthusiastic software engineer to join to the team. In this role you will have full responsibility in our project development team, with the potential of becoming the company CTO. Visitame looks for developers who take ownership of their code, leading the project defintion from a technical point of view.
We are Visitame, the first company built and launch by 7r Ventures. A Proptech startup which combines the best of Home IoT (Hardware and Software) to create an optimized and radically improved Real Estate selling process. We're a well-funded startup, with top corporate Real Estate clients.
You love building new things. Most of what you do each day is guiding, building and maintaining a core workflow engine and platform. You work across the entire codebase of an application. You have a primary focus on backend development but you also work with frontend tech. You use modern tools, which means you have the experience working with Koa, React, CircleCI and much more.
You have worked on large projects. You’re familiar with modern frameworks and techniques. You understand how to design systems in a distributed manner across multiple servers, and how to handle tons of API calls every week in an scalable way.
You love shipping to customers. Your engineering projects will focus on understanding customers' needs and translating those needs from product specifications into functional, production ready code. You'll have the opportunity to ship code daily that will be used by thousands.
You love doing things efficiently. You can build systems and processes that let us scale our impact to be larger than ourselves. You move around the front, the back, and the infrastructure. You can can deliver quickly while being clever to avoid missteps.
You love learning. Engineering is an ever-evolving world. You enjoy playing with new tech and exploring areas that you might not have experience with yet.
You lead. You are an effective positive attitude that cares about client and colleague concerns, a transparent communicator even when it is challenging.
About the job
- Research, guide, and execute architecture changes.
- Refactor or improve existing code.
- Work closely with our product team to create amazing and intuitive experiences.
- Build tools, processes, and documentation to improve our code quality.
- Frontend: React, Redux, Socket.io, Jest
- Backend: Node.js, Koa, Socket.io
- Infrastructure / Database: Firestore, now.sh, CircleCI
- 3+ years of software development, or in a similar role.
- You are experienced with modern web development practices and frameworks. You’ve worked on real projects at scale and feel confident solving complex problems.
- Experience with a modern js framework is definitelly a plus but not required at all.
- Good background in data structures, design patterns, and modern programming practices.
- Experience with Node.js
- Solid understanding of datamodeling and databses
- Experience building and scaling web applications
- You believe in writing thorough unit and integration tests. You like owning the quality of the code you write — QA doesn't mean throwing it over the wall for someone else to test.
- Strong communicator and fluent in English.
- Team player.
We offer a competitive salary of 40k-50k. From day one. We don't offer things like ping pong tables, catered meals in the office, and other "perks" designed to keep you at work for all of your waking hours. We want you to put in quality hours then go live your life, rest, and recharge so you can come back fresh to do it again. Also we are remote friendly.
How to apply
We have a non-standard application process. We don't believe in tests, we believe in work. To jump-start the process send us your resume. After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. After that, we will invite you to a 30 days full time, fully paid contract project working on production code. It’s a time for both sides to mutually audition one another and decide whether it feels like a great fit. We feel so strongly about this that we offer a full pay-out for the entire 30 days in the event things don’t work out.