Facebook is seeking Lead/Senior machine learning engineers to join our engineering team. The ideal person will have industry experience working on a range of classification and optimisation problems, e.g. payment fraud, click-through rate prediction, recommendation systems, click-fraud detection, search ranking, text/sentiment classification or spam detection. The position will involve taking these skills and applying them to some of the most exciting and massive social data and prediction problems that exist on the web. You will bring the ability to own the whole ML life cycle, define projects and drive excellence across teams.
Software Engineer, Machine Learning Responsibilities
- Consistently advance the state of ML for your problem, including setting and executing against roadmaps for 6-month+ timeframes.
- Define projects for other engineers to possibly solve and achieve impact based on your direction.
- You are strong advocate for ML excellence
- Code deliverables in tandem with the engineering team
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, recommendation systems, pattern recognition, data mining or artificial intelligence
- Proven ability to translate insights into business recommendations
- Experience with Hadoop/HBase/Pig or MapReduce/Sawzall/Bigtable/Hive/Spark
- Expert knowledge developing production level ML products
- Expert with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, PHP, and/or shell scripts
- Experience developing and debugging in Java, C++ or similar
- Experience of demonstrating technical leadership working with teams, owning projects, defining and setting technical direction for projects.
- MS degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field with 5+ years of machine learning related work or research, or PhD degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field
- Experience with filesystems, server architectures and distributed systems
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.