CrowdJustice (www.crowdjustice.com) is an early-stage, VC-backed, tech-for-good company. We help people access the courts and the legal system through crowdfunding.
Since our launch in 2015 we have helped important cases raise £ millions in funding to challenge the government, go to the UK Supreme Court and change the law – plus we’ve been featured in the Guardian, FT, BBC, TechCrunch, NYT and more.
We're looking for a software engineer to join our lean team in central London to help with our mission to make the law available to everyone. This role will suit someone with recent experience as a developer, who is looking to learn by getting their hands dirty at an early-stage fast-growing startup.
be working on new features across the stack, writing high quality code
for our internal systems and external-facing web application. Some
current projects that you could be working on:
- new intelligent internal tools for our awesome case support team, working closely with users to help solve their problems
- building and iterating on MVPs as we build products to help people access the legal system
- improving the in-depth integration with our payment provider
- consolidating and warehousing analytics to make them accessible to all areas of the business
We have a very light day-to-day process, with few meetings and a focus on working demos rather than huge up-front plans. Things move and change quickly and we need to be agile, so expect some work to be well-tested and some experiments...not to be. Mistakes are fine, especially if there's a good story to go with them!
Tech interviews are often stressful so we've designed our interview process to be fair, friendly and responsive. There are no surprise technical questions, and you'll always be prepared for the next stage.
- 20-30 minute non-technical phone/hangouts chat about the role
- 1-2 hour technical task that we pay you to complete
- 1.5 hour on-site interview where we'll discuss the technical task, pair program some work and talk about your future at CrowdJustice
- if successful, a fair offer and the chance to join a well funded startup early on its mission to increase access to justice!
We welcome feedback. Let us know if you have any comments!
- Competitive salary and share options. We all share in CrowdJustice's success
- Opportunity to join a well-funded startup early on its mission to increase access to justice and to do well by doing good
- High impact role where you’ll have the autonomy to develop and grow professionally as well as have a big impact in the business, learning a lot along the way
- Training – we encourage everyone to attend courses, talks and conferences and have regular 121s
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We'll be especially happy to see applications from underrepresented groups.