We’re Valsys: a machine learning platform for company valuation. For
too long, spreadsheets have been the weapon of choice in financial
modelling - manual data entry, human error, bad stats and hidden biases
have led to ineffective models. We’re not creating spreadsheet software
though; we’ve built an engine from the ground up that allows you to
value public companies in seconds.
If you’re a software engineer looking to have a big impact on a fast growing company then get in touch!
Valsys is a very early stage startup - we are a fully technical team and we don’t get caught up in office politics. We strongly believe in taking the time to build things correctly, sometimes you can’t just move fast and break things. Every team member is crucial to our organization, we are learning as we go and highly encourage feedback - transparency is key. It’s important that early team members be autonomous and can take the initiative. You’ll be part of a dynamic team working towards a singular vision.
Our services are mostly written in Python with Flask. We use a variety of databases (relational, NoSQL, graph) to store the many different types of data we have to work with and their relationships. Everything is containerized (Docker) and the infrastructure runs on AWS.
We’re looking for someone who is interested in solving hard problems, not afraid of venturing into unknown territory and will put in the work to get the job done. You will be working on new and exciting technologies in a small team that’s determined to do this right.
- 1-3+ years experience in any strongly-typed language
- Working knowledge of Python
- Experience designing, building and maintaining complex systems from inception to production
- Working knowledge of containerization and orchestration
- Testing experience (unit, system, integration)
- Familiarity with graph databases (particularly in production)
- Knowledge of concurrent programming principles
- Financial or accounting experience/understanding
- Experience with distributed processing frameworks
- Experience with various data serialization formats
- Competitive startup salary & equity-based incentives
- Opportunities to grow quickly
- We’ll provide you with the hardware you choose
- 28 days paid leave
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work from home on certain days
If you're interested, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org!