Our beautifully designed app empowers customers with ultra flexible, personalised cover that’s at their fingertips whenever they need it. Starting with car sharing insurance from as little as an hour, we're building a full stack insurance platform with a 100% mobile frontend, capable of covering any risk, over any duration.
As a Software Engineer, you will be instrumental in evolving our platform and building new product features. You will be responsible for shaping the future of our architecture and infrastructure, ensuring our estate is scalable, stable and secure. You will be laser focused on delivering impactful customer experiences without compromising on engineering quality.
You will see yourself not only as a core member of our engineering team, but as a core member of the wider business, collaborating with product, design and insights to help deliver industry leading products.
What you'll be doing:
- Take ownership of our existing backend estate, helping to identify opportunities to improve stability and evolve our technology to meet the needs of our ambitious product strategy.
- Designing and building a testable and scalable platform and infrastructure.
- Be hands-on with coding, best practices, adoption of appropriate tools and technologies.
- Identifying new technologies which can be exploited to help build a best-in-class customer experience.
- Promote and lead a healthy testing strategy, ensuring that we build reliable services.
Technologies you’ve mastered:
As our platform is not yet mature, you will have the power to help shape what the architecture and tech stack looks like.
Having said that, here are a few things that we feel help build market leading software:
- Clean, modular and testable architecture.
- Deep experience with either Python, Java, NodeJS or similar languages.
- Strong foundation in Google Cloud Platform or AWS and their product offerings.
- Exposure to DevOps and Infrastructure including CI/CD, monitoring and alerting.
- Experience with both relational, and non-relational databases such as MongoDB, BigTable, Firestore, Postgres.
Working with us:
We're a team of doers and big thinkers who value smarts, aptitude and growth mindset above all else. We don’t care where you studied or even if you studied at all as long as you're exceptional and insanely motivated. We embrace diversity because diverse teams build kick ass products and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
You should apply if:
- You're highly intelligent and innately curious.
- You ship fast and talk straight.
- You'll move heaven and earth to delight customers.
- You're at ease with challenging and being challenged.
- You embrace autonomy and thrive in ambiguity.
- Work with exceptional peers on a really hard and high impact problem.
- Flexible working.
- Macbook Pro and all the tools you could ever need.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holiday days per year.
- Cool, dog friendly office in Kings Cross.
- Monthly team socials/activities and annual retreats.
- Exclusive friends & family discounts on our awesome insurance products.
- £100 annual Amazon budget towards books to help you develop your skills.
Lenny company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.