Millions of users. Billions of tags. Countless moments of discovery. Shazam brings a unique brand of magic to millions every day. It’s our people – their imagination, skills and ideas – that shape our future, and help us make the impossible come to life. Bring us your vision, and it’ll be you creating the wow moments that excite people across the world.
As a software engineer at Shazam you will collaborate with other engineers and product managers to develop and deploy highly scalable software that serves hundreds of millions of users.
What Will You Do?
- Work on feature teams that have significant product impact.
- Collaborate with product managers and other engineers to work on developing highly scalable APIs that serve millions of users per second.
- Write elegant, concise, test-driven and high-quality code that runs at scale.
- Shape our software engineering and data engineering practices, to continually improve quality and development efficiency.
- Be involved in daily huddles and discussions regarding ongoing issues, business suggestions and future plans.
- Collaborate with other engineers in order to strengthen team cohesion and share ideas.
- Refactor existing code to drive up quality and improve site reliability.
- Contribute to system architecture and design activities.
- Contribute to new projects as well as current production systems.
Who you are
- A passionate software engineer who cares about building maintainable, readable, testable software that solves real user problems.
- A dedicated lifelong learner who is always looking for new things to learn and try.
- A professional engineer who loves getting their hands dirty in designing, analysing and troubleshooting large software systems.
- An excellent communicator who builds collaborative relationships with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, tenacious in sticking with a problem until it's resolved once and for all
- A great teammate, but you can work on your own initiative as well.
- Always actively looking for ways to improve Shazam's services, and take a personal ownership for the quality of the services we offer.
- Demonstrate personal accountability, owning the decisions and mistakes that you make.
- Team-based software engineering.
- Development experience in Scala. Otherwise, experience in Java but willing to transition to Scala.
- Experience implementing and maintaining high-scale systems that process large volumes of data; ideally music related.
- Understanding of cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, GCP).
- Undergraduate CS degree or equivalent experience.