This position is based in Scytl Headquarters in Barcelona.
How can you help us?
Your responsibilities as a Software Engineer will be the following:
- Development and optimization of reliable and secure applications used by millions of people.
- Participation in the analysis and architectural design of a mission critical software.
- Participation in the delivery of projects Worldwide. Some sporadic short-term trips may be required.
- Contribution to a team of an outstanding engineering team willing to collaborate and to share knowledge with you.
- In-depth knowledge of the software development life cycle of Java applications in Tomcat server.
- Experience in multiplatform development (Linux, UNIX, Windows).
- Scripting skills (Python, Bash,...)
- Knowledge of data access applications development and databases such as Oracle DB (or similar).
- Sound knowledge of SQL, ODBC/JDBC , XML, Design Patterns.
- University Degree, preferably in Computer Science or similar.
- 3-4 years in a similar position.
Extra points for:
- System Administration skills at any level.
- Experience with testing tools such a s Postman, curl or similar.
- Ability to work both independent and as part of a team.
- Good analytical skills with a challenging and enquiring mind.
- Good communication skills as well as organized, persistent and driven to get the things done.
- Responsible and reliable.
- Excellent English at both spoken and written levels.
What is Scytl?
Scytl is the global leader in secure election management and electronic voting solutions. Specializing in election modernization technologies, Scytl offers the first end-to-end election management and voting platform, providing the highest security and transparency standards currently available.
Scytl has capitalized on its more than 18 years of research to develop election-specific cryptographic security technology protected by more than 40 international patents and patent applications, positioning Scytl as the company with the largest patent portfolio of the industry.
Scytl’s solutions have been successfully used in more than 35 countries throughout the world over the last 10 years, including Canada, the United States, Mexico, Ecuador, the EU, France, Norway, Switzerland, Iceland, Bosnia-Herzegovina, the UAE, India and Australia. Scytl is headquartered in Barcelona, Spain with strategic offices in Canada, the United States, Peru and Greece as well as field offices in the UK, Ukraine, Australia, Malaysia and Brazil.
For more info, please visit www.scytl.com
- International working environment.
- Creative and results focused team.
- Opportunity to be part of the worldwide leader in its market.
- Good offices in Barcelona city centre.
Scytl is recognized worldwide for helping revolutionize Democracy. Our secure election management and online voting solutions are helping organizations around the globe increase and improve participatory democracy, citizen empowerment and public transparency via innovative online technology.
Our highly energized company works with governments across all 5 continents, helping countries as different as the US, Norway, Uganda, UAE, Switzerland, Canada, Tunisia, Australia and Spain modernize their electoral processes making elections more engaging, participatory, transparent, accessible and secure.