Zenly started in 2011 as a small team of passionate designers, engineers, and entrepreneurs gathered around the idea that frictionless location sharing is the next mobile commodity. Our R&D has brought us to release the best location sharing app in the world ;)
And now, Zenly is the mobile application that lets you instantaneously see where your friends are. We believe that making maps more social and personalised is our opportunity to improve the way people live, communicate and share moments together. Our product empowers people to find themselves, enjoy improvised moments and have fun together.
We’re looking for an iOS Developer to join us at Zenly! Working from our Paris, France headquarters, you’ll play a key role in building and shaping key features that millions of Zenlyers will use every day!
You’re an iOS Developer who loves to create beautiful consumer products. You’ve developed complex applications with elaborate user interface elements and mixed various transitions and animations. You know that any little detail can impact the user experience and some of them may even require a more in-depth look into any given codebase: startup time, animation frame rate, intelligent error handling and so on.
- Architecting, developing, maintaining and releasing features as well as contributing to the core foundations of the Zenly mobile app
- Push the limits of mobile devices and create great user experiences
- Evaluate technical tradeoffs of every decision and work with design on the best UI and infrastructure practices
- Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code
- Accurately estimate schedules and deliver high quality work products to that schedule
- 5+ years min of experience in developing mobile applications
- Excellent knowledge of the iOS SDK and native iOS frameworks (especially on the UI/Animations side)
- Strong experience of multi-threading and memory management specific to mobile devices
- Solid software engineering practices (separation of concerns, testing, code reviews, continuous integration, design documentation…)
- Excellent organization, prioritization and time management skills
- Self-motivated and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
- Experience building a mobile app from scratch to the App Store
- Experience in Reactive Programming (i.e: RxSwift)
- Experience with maps and geographical data (OpenStreetMap, Vector tiles, GIS)
- Experience with graphics programming and low-level graphics APIs (OpenGL/Metal/Equivalent)
Our office in the Bastille area is built on 3 floors around a green atrium. It has a fully equipped kitchen, rest areas, and sound isolation booths. We also put up a climbing wall between 2 floors and a massive trampoline :)
Everyone at Zenly is offered a great package including:
Competitive salary and stock options
International phone allowance
Gym membership allowance
100% coverage of your health insurance: for you, your partner, and your family
100% coverage of your public transportation title
Fun: Trips abroad every year with the whole team (Sicilia in 2018)
Free drinks and snacks of all kinds (homemade pastry, fruits, etc.)
Flexible time off policy
Handling of relocation/visa procedure
We are more interested in your experiences and projects, past and current, than your résumé. We'd rather hear about these and what you think you'll bring to the team. GitHub and Twitter usernames are also useful to share. All applications should be made in English.
About Snap Inc