FilledThis offer is not available anymore
At ResearchGate, we’re helping scientists and researchers accelerate scientific progress – and we’re looking for talented engineers to help us do it.
Working at ResearchGate offers you the chance to use your knowledge and technical expertise to change the way science happens for the better, and you’ll be doing it as part of a hard-working, passionate team that hails from all over the globe. Join us, and make immediate impact.
You will bridge our infrastructure and operations efforts to help us automate our existing processes and work on the overall efficiency of our platform. We’re looking for a skilled engineer who can support our site reliability team to ensure that ResearchGate is available, reliable, and fast at all times, supporting the 14+ million scientists and researchers who connect on our platform every day.
- Improve and sustain the scalability and reliability of our systems
- Enhance engineering productivity by improving tooling and monitoring as well as control of our systems
- Monitor, manage, and maintain the stability and performance of our infrastructure
- Coordinate with our product engineers to deliver scalable solutions
- Programming experience in PHP or Java
- Experience in distributed systems and modern web application infrastructure like source and dependency management, build pipelines, continuous integration, deployment, load balancing, logging and monitoring
- Experience in modern web technologies like HTTP, REST, JSON
- Performance analysis and optimisation of databases like MongoDB and Postgres
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes or Docker is a plus
- Experience in security-related web topics is a plus
- Very good command of English
- You love technology and have a passion for infrastructure
- You can find simple solutions to difficult problems
- You excel at engineering maintainable, efficient, and scalable software
- You enjoy working with great people in a fast-paced environment
- You understand our mission and want to help achieve it
You'll be working in a fast-paced environment where code is written, tested and shipped continuously. Our engineering team is passionate about building maintainable, scalable web applications that are constantly optimized to meet the needs of our users - 14+ million researchers worldwide.
Our hiring process is uncomplicated. You'll be interviewed by the people you'll be working with, so you can quickly find the role that suits you best and start making an impact.
We’re located at the heart of Berlin, one of the most exciting cities in the world and a place where people from all walks of life feel welcome.
ResearchGate company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.