Are you an engineer with a strong interest in building Groovy applications? We have open positions for someone to join our team and develop a critical open-source technology used by thousands of scientists and engineers.
We are looking for a developer with experience in building Groovy applications. We require a proactive candidate who thrives in fast-paced environments and who wants to invent the future.
The ideal person has substantial experience in designing and implementing modern, data-intensive architectures. Previous work with highly scalable, distributed cloud systems is a plus.
Join the talented international team working from either our beautiful Barcelona offices 200m from the beach in Poblenou or remotely (in your happy place!). We offer a highly competitive salary package, significant employee equity and a high degree of autonomy. Most importantly, we provide a genuinely fun, inclusive and challenging environment that will allow you to grow while making a difference to human health.
Seqera Labs simplifies data analysis pipelines at scale. We are the creators of Nextflow, a widely adopted open-source software framework for the development of scientific workflows. Seqera was founded to build on the Nextflow mission by providing the next generation of deployment solutions for massively scalable data pipelines across clusters and clouds. In mid-2020 the company received backing from Europe’s leading VC firms to grow the vision and expand the team.
- Solid experience with Java and Groovy.
- Parallel programming skills.
- Experience with Domain-Specific Languages (DSLs).
- Gradle building system.
- Ability to write high-quality, efficient and testable code.
- Proficiency with Docker and related toolset.
- Experience with Kubernetes deployment model and operations.
- Experience with Elasticsearch and InfluxDB databases.
- Understanding of how to deploy systems for cloud applications.
- Knowledge of one or more cloud vendor services and APIs.
- Experience with scientific data analysis workflows and execution engines.
- Experience in bioinformatics and genomics.
- A maintainer or a proven track of contributions to open-source software projects.