Lead the architecture and development of the Databricks frontend for Apache Spark by building a new Single Page Application for debugging and managing an environment for data analytics, data science, and data engineering. Bridge the gap between UX design and technical implementation as we design and develop these solutions which are the users main entry to their data processing in the cloud.
- Passion for user experience and design and the small details
- Deep understanding of front-end architecture
- Strong familiarity with server-side web technologies (eg: Nodejs, Java, Python, Scala)
- Experience instrumenting user behaviours and interactions
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work well with teammates
- Production quality coding standards and patterns
- Strong foundation in algorithms and data structures and their real world use cases
- Passionate about your customers. You want to work with them and develop an amazing experience for them.
- BS in Computer Science, Math, related technical field or equivalent practical experience in software engineering
- Experience working on complex, data-heavy web applications
- Experience with our web stack (React, Redux, TypeScript, protobuf, Apollo, GraphQL) and Spark
- Experience with usability and user experience
- Has built a product targeting technical users (e.g IDE, analytics tool… )
- Experience with SAAS services.
- Experience with open source software development
- Experience building and maintaining living style guides and implementing them across multiple product lines
- Experience with the big data or visualization ecosystem
Databricks’ mission is to accelerate innovation for its customers by unifying Data Science, Engineering and Business. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Databricks provides a Unified Analytics Platform for data science teams to collaborate with data engineering and lines of business to build data products. Users achieve faster time-to-value with Databricks by creating analytic workflows that go from ETL and interactive exploration to production. The company also makes it easier for its users to focus on their data by providing a fully managed, scalable, and secure cloud infrastructure that reduces operational complexity and total cost of ownership. Databricks, venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz, NEA and Battery Ventures, among others, has a global customer base that includes Viacom, Shell, and HP. For more information, visit www.databricks.com.
Apache, Apache Spark and Spark are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation.