In Packlink we want to be the fastest-growing global provider of shipping services and technology.
We are building the best shipping platform for private customers and businesses. Shipping is a complex business and small to medium businesses need a solution to the problems shipping brings into their day to day work. With our technology, SMBs can improve their shipping experience delivering a premium service to their customers.
At the Packlink Engineering team, we are looking to incorporate hands-on engineer managers to help our great engineers to unlock all their potential as persons as well as software engineers.
You will bring your people and leadership skills to work with talented people to understand their needs and help them progress through their careers.
To achieve this we work in interdisciplinary teams with clearly defined responsibilities.
What you'll find is
- The challenge of migrating a working application from Angular into React components
- Implement the latest content management strategies with Gatsby + React
- Help to make frontend apps container friendly
- A company with more than 15 nationalities
- DevOps mentality
- And much more!
What you will be doing:
- Collaborate cross-functionally with business users, project managers, and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
- Actively advocate for high quality, well-tested code by being the example to follow.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements in existing systems and platforms
- Monitor and troubleshoot software deployed in production.
- Provide insightful technical solutions to the problems at hand
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices; grow the team's excellence around frontend technologies and cloud technologies.
Desired Skills and Experience:
What we are looking for:
- 1 to 4 years of real, hands-on experience in frontend related programming in a professional environment
- Proficiency in HTML/CSS
- Understanding of OOP principles
- Experience with VCS like git or Mercurial
- You are not afraid of technical challenges, in fact, your hunger for the impossible. You thrive on coding
- Passionate about new technologies and problem-solving. You're ready to offer fresh ideas
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, proactive, self-sufficient, but also a team-oriented
- Highly communicative, you're able to work with multiple teams: internal and external team members, clients and providers
- We are an international company, reading fluency in English is required
- It would be valuable to have a degree in Computer Science or related technical/scientific discipline
It would be great if you have:
- Knowledge of AngularJS framework
- Typescript or Flow experience
- Experience with PostCSS
- Knowledge of other programming languages (PHP, Java, Scala)
- Experience with Docker, Consul, RabbitMQ and other cloud-enabling technologies highly preferred
- Knowledge of microservices (or distributed systems) architecture is a plus
What we offer:
- Competitive salary package. We're looking for the right person
- Up to 2000€/year budget to improve your skills
- Opportunity to attend and speak at local user groups as well as international events
- Flexible working hours
- Remote when needed
- Paid vacation leave
- Amazing location, amazing city: Madrid center (next to Atocha station)
- Free English/Spanish/German classes
- We care about you: gym membership or private health insurance, 100% free
- Take your bday off and celebrate it the way you want it