We are looking for an enthusiastic front-end developer that helps us to design and build a new generation of tools that will transform open-access publishing. By working at Frontiers you will play a key role in shaping the future of science and academic publishing. You will be joining a thriving company where your contribution will have an immediate effect on the way science is evolving.
You will work in a small team along with other talented developers. Supported by a Scrum Master, QA Engineer and Product Owner, the team usually works in two-week sprints. The team has recently worked on a tool which allows users to visualize and explore publishing data with quick searches and filters. They want to take this tool to the next level with dashboards, metrics, advanced search, reports and visualizations to transform data into decision making information for the business. Recently they have also delivered a product to ensure email address quality, made with Azure Data Lake Analytics and Logic Apps.
What you will do
- Develop small, well crafted components that plug into our publishing data exploring user interface.
- Optimize HTML & CSS code for the best looking & performant experience.
- Collaborate with designers and UX experts in order to bring concepts and ideas to life.
- Develop APIs that efficiently read & write data exposed in the user interface.
- Participate in your team's Scrum process.
- Initiate and participate in technical discussions, where many tools, architectures and processes are on the table.
- Pair program and discuss solutions with your peers in order to share knowledge.
- Contribute to overall software quality by writing elegant and testable code.
Your day in the office
What we are looking for
- Minimum of 2 years in a similar role.
- Experience with front-end technologies such as Vue.js, Knockout or Angular.
- Knowledgeable in development with .Net, especially with C# and Git repositories.
- You are curious and love to learn and try out new things.
- You are not afraid to fail fast and learn from mistakes.
- You are willing to Travel to the Frontiers' headquarters in Switzerland occasionally.
- You you have good English skills.
What we’re offering
- Competitive salary.
- 25 leave days.
- Great work-life balance.
- An office in an awesome location.
- Fresh fruit, snacks and coffee.
- English classes.
- Flexible retribution scheme (nursery cheques, restaurant pass).
- Team building/sport activities and monthly social events.
- Lots of opportunities to work with exciting technologies and solve challenging problems.
How to apply
Please submit your application in English.
Applicants must be Spanish or EU citizen, or have a valid Spanish work permit.
Agencies must first contact email@example.com and confirm agreement to our T&C’s, failing which any exclusivity and/or candidate representation right will be considered to be waived.