Hallo! Bonjour! Hi!
We believe that everybody should have the chance to learn a foreign language. Languages are about much more than simple everyday communication, they are a unique window into a rich world of diverse and colourful cultures. Babbel exists to offer everybody the chance to learn languages.
Babbel offers 14 learning languages - from English to Indonesian - and, since founding in 2007, we have grown to become the market leader in app-based language learning. There are 500 of us from over 42 different countries working hard to keep this going - we call ourselves ‘Babbelonians’.
We want to inspire change and create even more. That’s where you come in.
As our Frontend focused Software Engineer, you will
be self-motivated, full of ideas as well as energy and collaborate with
other talented engineers in making our software even better.
- Node.js or other server side frameworks
- Ruby/Rails (Not essential, this is our backend)
Babbel is a great place to be
- Work directly with our unique language learning data
- Responsibility from day one
- Participate in hackdays and technology brown-bags
- A steep learning-curve — personally and professionally
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- Great company benefits (High-end company bike, fresh fruits, drinks and more)
- Start-up mentality and attractive working environment in the heart of Berlin
More broadly, we are looking for smart and curious minds who can
share in our goal of widening access to language learning. You care
about maintaining a clean code base and strive for technical excellence
in the build of our product.
Above all else, you are always personally learning and developing, and you have the maturity and technical artistry to make timely and sustainable contributions.
If this sounds interesting, why not learn more about the exciting culture that we are building in our Engineering teams.