GSN Games is looking for a Software Engineer (Back End) to join our fabulous team in sunny Barcelona!
Jackpot! About the GSN Games Casino Studio:
Slots, bingo, cards, and more! Work on incredible games, including a top-10 grossing app, alongside the best in the business.
What You’ll Do:
The Software Engineer (Back End) will help to develop and operate the backend that supports one of our famous slots game. Our stack includes Java and Amazon Web Services; we work in a high-speed, iterative way, relying on automated testing, continuous integration, automated deployments, and real-time feedback from live systems.
• Provide support and maintenance for existing platform issues and features as needed
• Work within the team to implement the pending items listed in the backlog
• Write unit and functional tests
• Write tools to help in the management of the game
• 3-6 years’ software development experience
• Experience with Java/J2EE
• Experience working on applications using SOA, REST design principles
• Experience working with Relational Databases (MySQL)
• Experience with web programming environment (HTML, CSS, JS)
• Experience with cloud-based services, especially Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Experience with performance testing and tuning applications
• A flexible self-starter who thrives on the challenges of working with new and varied technologies
• Strong understanding of design/programming best-practices and various design patterns
• Experience working in scrum/agile teams
• Strong communication skills
• Bachelor's Degrees in Computer Science or work experience equivalent
• Experience working with AWS Redshift
• Experience working with Protocol Buffer
• Experience with cloud-computing a plus
• Experience with mobile applications
• Experience with SPA web applications
• Experience working in the games industry
• Love playing games
GSN Games delivers social casino and skill-based games designed to fuel every player’s inner winner. Founded in 1999, the company has evolved into one of the world’s top game publishers and creators. Its collection of social casino games includes GSN Casino and Bingo Bash, both top 10 grossing iPad apps, as well as Wheel of Fortune Slots: The Ultimate Collection, Solitaire TriPeaks, Mirrorball Slots, Fresh Deck Poker and more. GSN Games also features WorldWinner.com and the WorldWinner app, where players can compete for real money in skill-adapted versions of the biggest game franchises of all time. Owned by Sony Pictures Entertainment and AT&T Entertainment Group, GSN Games operates eight locations worldwide across Boston, San Francisco, Palo Alto, Washington, D.C., London, Barcelona, Bengaluru and Zaporozhye, Ukraine. Connect with us on Twitter @insidegsngames, on Instagram @gsngames and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/gsn.
About GSN Games