At New Relic, we love making tools for software and ops engineers. Our software helps customers answer their most important questions by allowing them to visualize, explore, and reason about their ops, application, and customer data. If this sounds interesting to you, you should apply!
We are looking for a Software Engineer with a strong interest in building great experiences for customers, working up and down the technology stack with an API-first approach. For New Relic Infrastructure, we are building curated and free-form experiences that let our customers understand very large deployments of hardware and software. In an effort to expand the reach of Infrastructure, we are looking to design and build out integrations to meet the needs of our customers. This will be accomplished by working with customers, New Relic sales, engineering and product teams. This will include both pre-sales and post-sales projects.
At New Relic, you will work with some of the best engineers and tackle some of the most complex problems in the industry. As a member of our Barcelona team, you will help shape and grow our European development center. We’re a fast growing software company that cares about our culture. We value work/life balance, personal respect, code ownership by engineers, and experimentation. If all this sounds like your dream job, read on:
- You will develop and maintain customer-facing integrations for the Infrastructure customer-facing product, which includes the browser-based user interface and back-end code which implements the supporting logic needed by the customer-facing components.
- Use and adapt internal cross product platforms, services, and UI components.
- Collaborate with the Engineering team on design, architecture, code reviews, and pair programming.
- Keep your team's engineering tooling up to date, being responsible for the monitoring, automation, testing and build a pipeline of your released products.
- Communicate with other teams, help answer customer support queries, and respond to on-call software incidents.
- Sync up with other local and remote product teams to ensure cross-company goals.
- Our team is very autonomous; you will be able to influence the product’s direction as well as technical decisions made throughout the team and company.
Skills and experience:
- Have demonstrated experience working on a full-stack application, back-end, and front-end.
- We take testing seriously. Proficiency in TDD, integration testing and end-to-end testing is a big plus.
- Are familiar with deploying software, monitoring it, and are comfortable being responsible for the full lifecycle and support of your work. Our engineers build and maintain their work, including providing on-call support in the event of emergencies.
- You should be comfortable working closely with designers and product managers to plan and build features. Our engineers care about customer experience.
- Interest and experience in DevOps, reliability, and automation tooling is a plus!
- You speak fluent English.
- You have the right to work in Spain (EEA, http://europa.eu/about-eu/countries/).
Please note, this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
At New Relic, we hire people who are eager to contribute to our culture, and we empower them to do just that. We take pride in thinking beyond our day-to-day job descriptions and encourage you to actively seek out opportunities to create the type of work environment that you want to be a part of. What does this look like in action? You should be ready to be a “culture add” to New Relic and spend ~5% of your time finding meaningful ways to make this an even better place to work.
A little about us:
New Relic provides the real-time insights that software-driven businesses need to innovate faster. New Relic’s cloud platform makes every aspect of modern software and infrastructure observable, so companies can find and fix problems faster, build high-performing DevOps teams, and speed up transformation projects. Learn why more than 50% of the Fortune 100 trust New Relic at newrelic.com.
We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high-quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established in October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup.
This is a unique opportunity to work at a startup within a NYSE company where the entire office fits around the lunch table. We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
Very interested but not sure if you’re the right fit? Don’t be shy, click on the link below to send your resume with a cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!
New Relic is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, individuals with disabilities, age, sexual orientation, protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by law. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
About New Relic