At Datadog, we're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The new Developer Observability team is expanding Datadog’s capabilities to help software engineering teams do more, faster. We do this by providing them with unique insights during their software development lifecycle. By instrumenting test and benchmark frameworks, CI/CD providers and source code management tools, we enable users to track, identify and debug failures and performance regressions on CI pipelines, as well as their applications before they reach production.
As a Software Engineer for the Developer Observability team, you will work on designing and building scalable, reliable and performant services and datastores, as well as leverage the power of the Datadog platform, to ingest, store, analyze and query distributed traces, logs, metrics and git data. You will be building the tools you wish you had when developing your own applications!
- Solve a scaling bottleneck in a critical service
- Deploy a new feature to production, progressively rolling it out with feature flags
- Investigate and fix a production issue from a service your team owns
- Design a way to scale up a service for more traffic
- With your team, plan the most important projects to work on next
- You have significant experience in one or more languages
- You value code simplicity and performance
- You can design architecture to solve problems at high scale
- You want to work in a fast, high-growth startup environment that respects its engineers and customers
- You've worked at high scale with systems like Redis, Cassandra, Kafka
- You wrote your own data pipelines once or twice before
- You have a strong background in statistics
- You have significant experience with Go, C, or Python
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
For more information on how we maintain the privacy of the information you submit as part of your application, please refer to our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.