We are looking for an energetic and curious Software Engineer to join Scytl’s Research and Security team. If you are fond of security and cryptography and an excellent software developer with the ability to deliver an accurate and timely output within a research-focused and dynamic environment, you are the person that we are in the hunt for.
Apply now and seize the chance to contribute to the work of a talented team with world-class expertise in cryptography for innovating democracy worldwide.
How can you help us?
Your responsibilities as a Software Engineer in the R&S department will be the following:
- Development and optimization of research and innovation projects aimed at enhancing Scytl’s election modernization solutions.
- Participation in the analysis and architectural design of new implementations of research outputs.
- Play a key role in setting up and deploy development and test environments of the innovation project portfolio.
- Bring ideas for new R&D projects.
- In-depth knowledge of the software development life cycle of Java applications in Tomcat server.
- Experience in unit testing.
- Experience with testing tools such as Postman, curl, or similar.
- Experience in multiplatform development (Linux, UNIX, Windows).
- Knowledge of data access applications development and databases such as Oracle DB (or similar).
- Sound knowledge of SQL, ODBC/JDBC , XML, Design Patterns.
- University Degree, preferably in Computer Science or similar.
- 2-3 years’ experience in similar positions.
Extra points for:
- Skills in cryptography and/or mathematical programming.
- Knowledge of RUST and its development life cycle.
- Scripting skills (Python, Bash...).
- Experience with cloud environments (Amazon, OpenStack…).
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Good analytical skills with a challenging and enquiring mind.
- Good communication skills as well as organized, persistent and driven to get things done.
- Responsible and reliable.
- Good English at both spoken and written levels.
Benefits & Perks
- International working environment;
- Creative and results focused team;
- Great office in Barcelona center.
- Free fruit and coffee at the office.
- Private Health Insurance
- Gym Membership (DIR & G4L)
- Free language classes
- Flexible compensation plan
Scytl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand diversity, celebrate differences and promote inclusion.
Scytl is recognized worldwide for helping revolutionize Democracy. Our secure election management and online voting solutions are helping organizations around the globe increase and improve participatory democracy, citizen empowerment and public transparency via innovative online technology.
Our highly energized company works with governments across all 5 continents, helping countries as different as the US, Norway, Uganda, UAE, Switzerland, Canada, Tunisia, Australia and Spain modernize their electoral processes making elections more engaging, participatory, transparent, accessible and secure.