Who We Are
Cobalt (cobalt.io) is a fast growing cybersecurity start-up headquartered in San Francisco. Cobalt is providing a Pentest as a Service platform which leverages the sharing economy to find global security talent to help secure companies and their users. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our offices in San Francisco, Berlin, and remote roles are characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to help us as we build the next version of our software architecture. You will contribute to the way we build, maintain, and improve our software stack. You will work in a fast paced, agile environment, collaborating on a daily basis with our Engineering teams and Product Management.
What You Would Do
- Work with our Berlin based engineering team following Agile and continuous automation processes to build out our Java based architecture.
- Work with multi-tiered distributed systems, web services, APIs, relational and NoSQL databases.
- Partner with product teams to gather requirements and deliver creative solutions that meet needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability and realistic implementation schedules.
- Work in a small fast-paced collaborative startup environment where you will certainly be able to make an impact as we aim to build the best penetration testing as a service platform.
You Must Have
- 3+ years of recent professional experience with Java, Kotlin or Ruby development.
- Exposure to working with Java Virtual Machine (JVM).
- Previous experience developing backend services.
- Experience working with APIs, relational and NoSQL databases.
- Knowledge of GCP, Docker, and Kubernetes is a plus.
- Experience participating in agile and test driven development models.
- Knowledge of application architecture, networking, security, reliability, and scalability concepts.
- Excellent communication skills.
Why You Should Join Us
- Opportunity to join and grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry
- Competitive compensation & attractive equity plan
- Flexible paid time-off, remote work, & travel policies
- Regularly planned team outings and company events
- Paid lunch 3x/week
- Pet-friendly offices