Zopa is one of the largest fintech companies in Europe. In the 12 years we’ve been in business, we offer simple loans and smart investments that help people take control of their finances and do more with their money. With over £2 billion lent to more than 300,000 borrowers by over 70,000 investors on our platform.
Late in 2016, we have announced that we would launch a new challenger bank providing additional products such as savings accounts and credit cards, so that we can bring a greater range of smart, ethical finance products to even more people. At Zopa, we’re shaping the future of finance. To support these new initiatives, we have opened a new office in Barcelona a few months ago.
We are building the bank of the future with cutting edge technologies and are looking for Software Developers to build brand new micro-services in Java deployed through Kubernetes in Amazon AWS. Utilising Kafka and Kafka Streams, creating the scalable backbone that powers the growth of the company. On the front-end side, we are using React Js and React native to encourage code reuse and make sure we can give a great experience to both our Android and iOS users from the beginning - definitely not your regular bank!
You will build solutions that solve real-world problems, in a cross-functional team - small, agile and adaptable to whatever challenges come our way. Interaction with stakeholders and key business users is a way of life here. We're big believers in a lean philosophy and flexibility in implementation, while aiming to achieve stack consistency and alignment across the board.
This role will be based in our new development centre in Barcelona!
Zopa has now more than 250 people in London, 12 people in Barcelona and growing
We're looking for experienced engineers that have solved big challenges through ingenious ideas and execution.
These are the essential elements:
- Experience in one or more of Java, Scala, Python or C#. Basic understanding or keen-ness to learn the others.
- Strong emphasis on unit testing (plus integration, end-to-end). We are a financial institution and a strong commitment to quality is essential.
- Be happy to talk to key stakeholders on a daily basis and be able to understand and be interested in the business objectives of the company.
- Product-focused engineers - you will be part of a team that is on the front line of our business and you will see the direct impact of your work.
Bonus Points for:
- You've worked on large scale distributed systems that have proven scalability and complex topologies.
- Experience with Kafka and/or a streams-based platform (Samza, Storm)
- If you have worked with microservices and message-based architectures in the past (and understand both the pros and cons), we are interested.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!