XING is the social network for business professionals with millions of members all over the world.
Help us shape the future – for a better working life!
We currently have an opening for a Ruby on Rails Software Engineer in Barcelona or Madrid.
At XING Spain we are responsible for the development of all of XING's E-Recruitment offerings, including our flagship recruitment product the XING Talent Manager. These define the social recruiting market in the German speaking area with high relevance and transparency for the jobseeker. The combination of E-Recruiting and Social Networking is an exciting emerging market. Our focus is on building smart solutions in the spirit of user-centric relevant information, fuelled by company reviews and ratings from our subsidiary Kununu.
- Constantly evolving with the technology trends, and willing to embrace change.
- Familiar with agile methodologies and enjoys working in teams with a focus on sharing knowledge with other experts.
- Fluent in English.
- Experience in SEO / Google Search Console.
- A regular contributor to open source projects.
An inspiring environmentXING offers a dynamic environment, as well as flexible working hours, you'll have an opportunity to unleash your skills and acquire new ones.
· The chance to work on a large, highly distributed platform with over 15 million users.
· A variety of technologies and languages: Perl, Ruby on Rails, Java, Scala, Elasticsearch, REST, AMQP, Linux, Hadoop, Riak, MongoDB, MySQL, Solr, iOS, Android, Backbone.js, jQuery, Git, Jenkins…
· Regular hack weeks.
· Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow.
· A multicultural and diverse environment with employees from all over the world.
· Subsidized restaurant tickets, free fruit, drinks, snacks and much more.
· Company pension plan.
· Spanish and German lessons.
· Relocation pack if needed.
· A mobile device as well for private use (iPhone, iPad, Android…).
· Competitive salary and permanent contract (“contrato indefinido”).
· A sunny office located in the centre of Barcelona, with a large terrace.
We contribute into open source (https://github.com/xing) and let the world know what we are doing (https://medium.com/xing-engineering) and organize public user groups and coding events.
If this profile matches your expertise, experience and aspirations, we’d be delighted to receive your full application, including salary requirements and possible starting date.