Worldsensing products have been pioneering the industrial IoT since 2008. We’re looking for an outstanding Software Engineer to join the Engineering team in our Barcelona office.
Founded in 2008, Worldsensing works with more than 300 engineering service providers worldwide to help them improve geotechnical, geospatial and structural monitoring in mining, construction, rail and critical infrastructure management.
With over 1,000 networks deployed worldwide and connecting over 65,000 sensors to the Internet of Things, our Loadsensing product is the leader in the IoT remote monitoring space. The Loadsensing monitoring solution includes best-in-class edge devices, LoRa-based wireless connectivity and a cloud-based connectivity management platform. We also join forces with key industry players to offer software applications and solutions which engineering service providers use to add value to end customers.
We’re looking for an experienced, energetic Software developer to take Loadsensing to the next level.
We are looking for a Software developer responsible for the development and maintenance of our Loadsensing Android application. Your primary focus will be the development of our Android-Native (Java) applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be also developing the Java libraries surrounding the application. You will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Keep documentation up to date and delivered to quality standards
- Java programming knowledge in different applications
- Experience in Functional and Unit testing using Junit
- Knowledge of Android SDK and different versions of Android
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Passionate about technology and flexible to learn new programming languages and technologies
- Have developed at least a similar product or application in the past
Nice to have:
- Python programming knowledge
- Experience with asynchronous and event-based programs (rxJava)
- Knowledge of Retrofit and Dagger
- Experience working in Agile development following SCRUM process and Sprint.
- Experience working with embedded systems
- Engineering degree
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, focus on results, promoting efficiency and continuous improvement
- Proactivity and autonomy
- Ability to adapt to multicultural environment with good interpersonal relationships
- Teamwork and cooperation
Great work environment: we are a passionate, tight-knit team hailing from 20+ countries
- We are a family-friendly company and support a healthy work-life balance, we’re outcome oriented
- You will work remotely while the COVID situation persists
- We like grabbing lunch or a drink together, and coming together for fun events organized by Worldsensing (COVID-permitting)
- We love to learn and we love to share so you will actively participate in our knowledge sharing initiatives or transversal committees (communities, show and tell, etc.)
- You can expect a competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to work for a global IoT player which has been labeled as one of the organizations actively shaping and pioneering the Industrial Internet
At Worldsensing, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.